http://www.polyperformance.com/

Anyone ever order from them? Feedback?
Modeler
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: LJ Wrangler

Re: Poly Performance

Unread post by Modeler »

I and some others that I know have not had good luck with them. I had an order in for a master gear install kit (that I needed quick as my rig is a DD) and got no notification of shipping in two days time. I called them and got "We're real busy because everyone is at SEMA and we're not sure when we're going to ship it". "Thank you for wasting two days of my time and please cancel my order".
Speed costs money, how slow do you want to go?
ChrisD
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2003
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by ChrisD »

Placed an order on the 17th, still no update. IMO the order should of been shipped by now, will not order from them again.
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Sorry to hear that Chris. Ive never had any issues with that Co. Didnt order anything huge from them just lots of small things. Maybe, its what you ordered Youd think they would still answer your request or have tracking ? FjR68
del_TJ
Jeep Year: 1998
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by del_TJ »

Maybe what you ordered is on backorder?

I've ordered some tube clamps and a couple other small things from them and it came right away, no problems.
Modeler
BSJ Member

Unread post by Modeler »

del_TJ wrote:Maybe what you ordered is on backorder?

I've ordered some tube clamps and a couple other small things from them and it came right away, no problems.
In my case I called Poly to order instead of placing an internet order and asked him to check stock since I needed it so quick. That is what ticked me off the most, it was in stock (they had 5) and they still didn't ship in a reasonable amount of time.
PIG
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by PIG »

Modeler wrote:I and some others that I know have not had good luck with them. I had an order in for a master gear install kit (that I needed quick as my rig is a DD) and got no notification of shipping in two days time. I called them and got "We're real busy because everyone is at SEMA and we're not sure when we're going to ship it". "Thank you for wasting two days of my time and please cancel my order".
Sorry you didn't have a satisfactory experience with our company. Can you send me an email with your name and number?
I'd like to contact you to learn about what happened so we can make sure it doesn't happen again. I'd also like to compensate you somehow for the unsatisfactory experience.

Dave@polyperformance.com
SidewaysTim
Jeep Year: 2004

Unread post by SidewaysTim »

PIG wrote:
Modeler wrote:I and some others that I know have not had good luck with them. I had an order in for a master gear install kit (that I needed quick as my rig is a DD) and got no notification of shipping in two days time. I called them and got "We're real busy because everyone is at SEMA and we're not sure when we're going to ship it". "Thank you for wasting two days of my time and please cancel my order".
Sorry you didn't have a satisfactory experience with our company. Can you send me an email with your name and number?
I'd like to contact you to learn about what happened so we can make sure it doesn't happen again. I'd also like to compensate you somehow for the unsatisfactory experience.

Dave@polyperformance.com
Welcome to the board Dave Image
I am the foremost authority on my opinion.
Formerly FortyFour
Modeler
BSJ Member

Unread post by Modeler »

PIG wrote:

Dave@polyperformance.com
E-mail being written tonight, but I do not want anything in compensation.
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Gotta give em a shot at fixin the problem dude, Might need them in the future and that bridge might still be burnin. Let it go and talk to the dude ! Good luck. A 1" body lift for a 74 Cj-5 would be a nice gift for someone ? FjR68
ZAEDOCK
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by ZAEDOCK »

I've had good experiences with Complete Off Road http://completeoffroad.com/
and my buds at Randy's Ring & Pinion. http://www.ringpinion.com/

I've also done a lot of business with Summit Racing back in my drag racing days.

I will say that when it comes time to fab the rear suspension of my buggy, I was considering ordering my air shocks from Poly. Four days to ship your order is excessive though (IMO), but It's good to see that they're here to try and make things right with you.
Carl McFly wrote:X2, I agree with Joe. And not just because he's man candy
BSJ President 2003 - 2005
PIG

Unread post by PIG »

Chris wrote:Placed an order on the 17th, still no update. IMO the order should of been shipped by now, will not order from them again.
Chris, can you email me your full name and order # to my email address....? I want to look into whats going on with your order.

Dave@polyperformance.com
PIG

Unread post by PIG »

Frank wrote:Sorry to hear that Chris. Ive never had any issues with that Co. Didnt order anything huge from them just lots of small things. Maybe, its what you ordered Youd think they would still answer your request or have tracking ? FjR68
Glad someone here has had a good experience with us....
PIG

Unread post by PIG »

del_TJ wrote:Maybe what you ordered is on backorder?

Could have been the case... I am looking into it now.

Glad to see your order went through the system flawlessly.
PIG

Unread post by PIG »

fortyfour wrote: Welcome to the board Dave Image
Thanks for the welcome man. I'm here to help out an address a few issues that seemed to arise for a couple of the members.