Vendor review Randolph Jeep Chrysler

Hoodoo Man
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Vendor review Randolph Jeep Chrysler

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

For a while I have been looking to replace my wifes aging Honda Mini van. with 140k miles on the clock it has a lot of miles left on it but after 5 years of abuse at the hands of my kids its more than a bit shop worn. the main criteria for her were 7 passengers. I wanted something that can tow... Ah the Jeep Commander a match made in heaven. I looked at a few commanders at several dealerships. I had a terrible experience at Clarke and White Jeep where I had bought my JK a few years ago. Found the Commander I wanted but they played shell games with the price and then wouldnt return calls or emails so they got to keep their commnader (note as of yesterday the silver one I had origially looked at was still on the lot. :lol: ) and this was a few months back just before thanksgiving... Sorry just want to be crystal clear I will not shop Clarke and White again. http://forum.baystatejeepers.com/viewto ... ?f=2&t=996
Randolph Jeep Chrysler
572 South Main Street, Randolph, MA 02368
(781) 961-1550 ? (800) 930-1550 ? (781) 961-1598 (Fax)
http://www.randolphchryslerjeep.com/
Flash forward to last weekend. We had found a nice 07 commander with a HEMI at a price we can afford, was really hoping to score a deal on a left over 10 like I almost had at Clarke and White but.... At any rate we dealt with Larry Harmon who has been at Randolph Jeep Chrysler for about 8 years, the guy really knows his jeeps. We test drove the commander and all that was missing was a trailer hitch for it, he was easily able to show us the features and capibilites and talk about cylinder shut off and how the HEMI has it but the std V8 does not. I was really impressed.

They have started something new with the trades using Autotrader to generate the base of the trade in value, this was pretty close to wholesale value and as I had been in a few places I got them up to what Id been offered elsewhere for trade without too much fuss. the tires on the jeep were original and although they had 5/32s on them they looked too close to the wear bar for my tastes. Was able to get them to replace the tires at cost and do some other minor stuff at no charge as well as provide the build sheet from the factory. The jeep was supposed to be ready last night and the wife is very anxious to get her new tow rig, I mean daily driver. Unfortunately they ordered the wrong bezel cover for the trailer hitch. So they agreed to bring it out to our house and pick up the trade. 8-) Thus saving us a drive to the other side of Boston tonight.

I dont know how many dealers would do that but all in all Im very impressed by the dealership. I got the ride I wanted and was pleasantly surprised to find it was a certified pre-owned rig so it comes with a 6yr from original sale (new) or 80K mile power train warranty and a 90 day bumper to bumper as well. this jeep was already priced better than others with more miles and that really sold me on the deal. When its time to upgrade my JK to the new penstar powered rig in 2011 I will be sure to go back here. They also had a black ops JK on the lot which was pretty cool to see up close and personal and a decent selection of new and used jeeps so check them out. Pics to come later today when its delivered! :D
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
DDewar53
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1990
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Re: Vendor review Randolph Jeep Chrysler

Unread post by DDewar53 »

Took Donna's JK over there for O2 sensor replacement - they didn't give me any of the usual crap that I had to listen to @ Central, on top of that, there was no service manager standing behind the counter, glaring at waiting customers as if they were an inconvenience to him. I've always liked that place, only bought from Central so I could get the commission to Kevin O'Brien.
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert A. Heinlein