New Member - Rutland MA

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
TheGreyMan
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2015
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

New Member - Rutland MA

Unread post by TheGreyMan »

My name is Jamie, live in Central MA. I’ve grown up riding motorcycles, spending lots of time outdoors, and have some experience trail riding…Nothing too aggressive. I have two young boys and have less time to enjoy motorcycle riding, so exciting to get into Jeep riding as a way to enjoy time in the outdoors with my boys.

I’m eager to meet and learn from others in the group.

Our First Jeep is named ‘TheGreyMan’ as a tribute to a family story/legend in our favorite vacation spot.
2015 Jeep JK Rubicon. We haven’t done much in terms of modifications but will consider upgrades as we get more experienced off-road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cannoli
BSJ BOD Treasurer
Jeep Year: 2014

Re: New Member - Rutland MA

Unread post by Cannoli »

Welcome Jamie! It's a great club that you and your family will enjoy. Smart move to wait before going crazy with the mods. See what type of trails you like, talk to members and build from there. Belly skids are highly recommended, however. Especially for the oil pan and tranny as Jeep doesn't provide any factory protection for those. Hopefully you can make the spring meeting in March and the 101 in April. Check the member section for tentative schedule dates. The 101 and Class VI runs are best for stock Jeeps.
TheGreyMan
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2015

Unread post by TheGreyMan »

Thank you for the tips. I’ll be on the lookout for the information for those meetup opportunities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TheDirector
BSJ BOD Secretary
Jeep Year: 2021
Jeep Model: JL Wrangler

Unread post by TheDirector »

Welcome to BSJ!
Turn up the radio and Bump it! that will buff right out.
Car Jack
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2014

Unread post by Car Jack »

Chris has great advice seeing what others have done and don't forget to ask why. I've done this and it's guided what I've done and when. On one run, one of the members was driving a Cherokee instead of his Wrangler. I asked why. He said he came down on a rock with his Wrangler and put a hole in his oil pan and had to be pulled out. That night, I ordered an oil pan skid!
Rick and Dawn Jeepin
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2016

Unread post by Rick and Dawn Jeepin »

Welcome to the Club Jamie! 2015 Rubicon 8-), learn to use the sway bar disconnect and your lockers! The lockers will help tremendously :dance:
Rick & Dawn