New Member Check-In

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
Races1986
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2024
Jeep Model: LJ Wrangler

New Member Check-In

Unread post by Races1986 »

Hi Everyone,

Excited to join the club. My name is Cesar Hernandez and I live in Ashland MA.
After all my life wanted to have a Jeep, I finally have one after my wife had an accident on my Golf 2013 that was a total loss.

I dont have much experience off-roading, although for the last 2 years I have been doing an annual trip with my buddies to Maine Norther woods. It's nothing crazy but fun and exciting. The 3 times I have been there, I have gone as copilot in one of the my buddies offroaders. Now, I will be able to join them with my new Jeep.

I got a Willys 2024 2.0T Automatic Transmission. I dont have any mods, and I am planning to keep it stock for as long as possible, and only make upgrades if I feel I need it. It comes with 33'' tires.

One thing I'd like to add is the quick link disconnect from Rock Krawler: https://www.offroadelements.com/rock-kr ... r-jt-2018/

The product info shows that it's for Jeeps with a lift kit, and I know the Willys come with a small lift but I am not sure if they will fit. Any recommendation / advice will be appreciated.

As per the club requirements:
* I bought recovery straps 3x30 (30k LBS)
* I bought Viair 400p/40043

Still dont know what fire extinguisher to get, and also what other small items I might need so any help will be welcomed.
Attachments
my-jeep.png
KenCal
BSJ BOD Director at Large
Jeep Year: 2012
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Re: New Member Check-In

Unread post by KenCal »

Don't forget a First Aid kit. Nothing fancy just a simple kit will do.
Cannoli
BSJ BOD Treasurer
Jeep Year: 2014

Unread post by Cannoli »

Welcome to club Cesar! Check your email for evites. The class VI run will be a great opportunity to get your feet wet and see what your Willys can do. At the meeting afterwards, you will meet several members and learn more about the club. Good choice to wheel first and then decide what mods you want to do. I would suggest looking into a skid plate for you oil pan and transmission, however. Other small items: tire deflator, tire pressure gauge, gloves, bug spray. Look forward to meeting you on the trails.
BlackKnight
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013

Unread post by BlackKnight »

Welcome!
--
BlackKnight - Commando Green '13 JKU w/EVO (R Fascia w/D's, ProSeries Front, Skids, 4" Lift) Powerstop z36 kit, 38" Patagonia MTss, PoisonSpyder Diff Armor, SuperWinch w/factor55 Prolink, FOX 2.0 shocks. JKS Track Bars
Rick and Dawn Jeepin
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2016

Unread post by Rick and Dawn Jeepin »

Welcome to the Club!

:text-welcomewave:
Rick & Dawn
Car Jack
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2014

Unread post by Car Jack »

Welcome neighbor. I'm in Hopkinton, so sort of next door. We moved there from Ashland too.

Great recommendation to do some class 6 runs in above posts. I joined about 6 years ago and went to the site in Rutland during the Hurricane on a 100% stock JKU including tires! Liked it enough to go out to Sturbridge next (that place is now closed) and then a class 6 up at Pat's Peak in New Hampshire. Class 6 roads up there are simply unmaintained roads. Many are snowmobile trails in the winter and they vary from looking like someone's driveway to boulder crawling. I still am amazed at the help members of this club provide. From advice about getting through tough sections to what to buy first. And of course, you can see a lot of equipment and brands on club members' Jeeps.
TheDirector
BSJ BOD Secretary
Jeep Year: 2021
Jeep Model: JL Wrangler

Unread post by TheDirector »

Welcome to BSJ!
Turn up the radio and Bump it! that will buff right out.