Best 1 Tons to get (Not Aftermarket, Built ones)

BlackKnight
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Best 1 Tons to get (Not Aftermarket, Built ones)

Unread post by BlackKnight »

So What are the best ones to get? I may have a deal on a set of 60/sterling 10.5s from a 2006 F250. I was told to get Axles from 2005 and newer because the outer front stub shafts are already 35 splines to match the internal shafts (under 2005 is 30 splines?).

Would that be the best combo to get? or should I get the 60 from that, and a Dodge Dana 60 rear end?
--
BlackKnight - Commando Green '13 JKU w/EVO (R Fascia w/D's, ProSeries Front, Skids, 4" Lift) Powerstop z36 kit, 38" Patagonia MTss, PoisonSpyder Diff Armor, SuperWinch w/factor55 Prolink, FOX 2.0 shocks. JKS Track Bars
MDSRACING398
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1985
Jeep Model: CJ7

Re: Best 1 Tons to get (Not Aftermarket, Built ones)

Unread post by MDSRACING398 »

2004 below are narrower. Unless you are stepping up game and actually wheeling it 04 below is better option. Lighter and narrower. 30 spline is fine if your not rock crawling. Sterling is better than 60 rear. Once again if actually wheeling it Sterling or 14 bolt. 04 and below will play better with jk too. (Tone rings)
Do it right the first time!
Second place is First Loser! Work Harder
Semper Fi
BlackKnight
BSJ Member

Plans are to definitely to Wheel. Where I will need to pick up new wheels, the width wouldn't be too much of an issue as the new wheel backspacing can be modified to compensate a bit. They are going on a big heavy JKU so lightness isn't too much of an issue. Would be doing Artec Trusses (or some other Truss maker) and most manufacturers have the tone ring and other adaptors available also.
--
BlackKnight - Commando Green '13 JKU w/EVO (R Fascia w/D's, ProSeries Front, Skids, 4" Lift) Powerstop z36 kit, 38" Patagonia MTss, PoisonSpyder Diff Armor, SuperWinch w/factor55 Prolink, FOX 2.0 shocks. JKS Track Bars
mudpup96
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2014

Unread post by mudpup96 »

Im running an 04 60 and a 14 bolt. i believe with the sterling you have to do something with the gas tank in the jku to prevent contact. The 05 is larger all around and is more prefered for alot of people but i got mine for only 100 bucks all together so it was hard for me to complain.

Give this article a read

https://www.artecindustries.com/1Ton-Swaps-BP
"it ain't stupid if it works!"
BlackKnight
BSJ Member

mudpup96 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 8:23 am i believe with the sterling you have to do something with the gas tank in the jku to prevent contact.
I'm already on a 2" stretch both front and rear (had to for the 38"s), so shouldn't be a problem. Can always go an additional 1 in the rear to open up a little more...
--