New Member waiting on delivery of our Jeep!

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
JoeA7321
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2022
Jeep Model: JL Wrangler

New Member waiting on delivery of our Jeep!

Unread post by JoeA7321 »

Hi folks,

Just waiting on delivery of a 2022 Sahara (I'll post a real pic when it comes in instead of a dealer pic)>

It's a 4cyl DOHC w/ Turbo
8 speed auto w/ Selec Speed control
2.72:1 Selec trac 4wd System
Anti-Spin Rear Diff (somehow they call this a locker and I'm still confused why)
32" AT tires (I think they're 31's but the book says 32")

Hope to join the group after jeep is delivered in 2 weeks. : )

Future mods - After a 'break-in' period will most likely shift up to 33's w/ a 2" lift. Not sure of other mods yet, but willing to consider! : )
Off roading for 40 years - all Class VI roads and 'easy' trails.
Drove in the military some of the original Willy's and did some serious off-roading then across the U.S.

First personally owned Jeep.

My fiance and I are looking to travel near and far to travel on trails accessible to a stock jeep. We're really looking to enjoy our time wheeling and make new friends in the process.
Attachments
Dealer view
Dealer view
small passenger side.jpg (101.52 KiB) Viewed 14080 times
BlackKnight
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Re: New Member waiting on delivery of our Jeep!

Unread post by BlackKnight »

Welcome!
--
BlackKnight - Commando Green '13 JKU w/EVO (R Fascia w/D's, ProSeries Front, Skids, 4" Lift) Powerstop z36 kit, 38" Patagonia MTss, PoisonSpyder Diff Armor, SuperWinch w/factor55 Prolink, FOX 2.0 shocks. JKS Track Bars
BlackNBlue-ISH
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by BlackNBlue-ISH »

Welcome to the show!

From my limited knowledge and 5 minute google search, it seems the anti-spin is just another way of saying limited slip. I'd be curious how "locked" together the rear wheels get. Maybe it's legit, maybe not. I'm not sure.

I always recommend new members and new jeepers to get focused on protection. You only have the one jeep and its something you want to protect. Look into skid plates for your belly pan, gas tank, control arms. Look into options to relocate your steering stabilizer, these tend to be hit somewhat often as they hang out right in front.

Once you get the jeep, hit up the link on our homepage to register as a member, then we'll get you out on the trail.
2005 TJ, built and beat accordingly
Hoodoo Man
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

I don't know how happy you will be with 33s, if you are spending the money on tires I would go to 35s as that is a size you can stick with longer and 33s are only an inch or so more ground clearance than stock and may look small after the lift. If the tires are all-terrain street tires anything will be an improvement though. Good luck and as Ish said focus your money on protecting your undercarriage!
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
KenCal
BSJ BOD Director at Large
Jeep Year: 2012
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by KenCal »

Welcome Joe. Good advice from Dan and Jeff to protect the undercarriage first. Well worth effort . We do some class 6 runs that are fun and stock friendly and a good place to start, try them if you get a chance.