Best Half Doors for JKU??

You can talk about anything here
Grumpy
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2014
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Best Half Doors for JKU??

Unread post by Grumpy »

Hello everyone. Looking for some feedback from the community. I am looking at getting some half doors this year. Looking to see everyone’s thoughts on what might be worth the money. So many choices and not being able to see a lot of the doors in person, I feel like I’m buying blind. The new Bestop is an option, but $$$$. I am thinking JCR with bestop uppers or King 4WD and even considered the DV8 half doors. I want a good half door that can handle the tree impacts and give some protection from unexpected water holes or rain. Any thoughts?
Hoodoo Man
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Re: Best Half Doors for JKU??

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

I have a pair of Besttop doors, they work pretty well for what they are, they came with upper doors as well and work good on the trail or road and keep most of the rain out. Some occasional issues with the latch mechanism closing right but aside from that I've been happy with them. Keep your eye out on the used market as they pop up from time to time for a lot less than retail.
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
TheDirector
BSJ BOD Secretary
Jeep Year: 2021
Jeep Model: JL Wrangler

Unread post by TheDirector »

I just bought the quadratec tube doors, and I am exited about them, however they won't protect from rain or a water hole lol. The Bestop core doors look mint and they typically make such good stuff....
Turn up the radio and Bump it! that will buff right out.
Grumpy
Jeep Year: 2014
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by Grumpy »

Thanks for replies guys. My father has the Bestop core doors on his, i just can’t come to spending that money on that set up though. I am still trying to figure out how open air I want. Those mud holes down at Rausch and AOAA can catch you by surprise and I think I want something to keep a bulk of the water out. :lol: