Tazer JL

TheDirector
BSJ BOD Secretary
Jeep Year: 2021
Jeep Model: JL Wrangler

Tazer JL

Unread post by TheDirector »

Anyone have a Tazer JL or similar that might be willing to taze me bro/bro-ette? My credit cards are melting so I would prefer not to buy one right now and I am not sure if the gear shop is going to set the new gear/tire size, I am guessing they will if they have one, but I am guessing they might not have one.... I'll be at the BBQ if that is a good opportunity. Pretty please.
Turn up the radio and Bump it! that will buff right out.
Derek
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2018

Re: Tazer JL

Unread post by Derek »

I use Jscan and a Bluetooth adapter, you buy the app/license and I’ll loan the hardware if you don’t get it done before the BBQ.
TheDirector
BSJ BOD Secretary

Derek wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 9:45 pm I use Jscan and a Bluetooth adapter, you buy the app/license and I’ll loan the hardware if you don’t get it done before the BBQ.
I would be willing to consider, I don't see prices on their site...my gears are the day before so it's likely it wont be done by BBQ. Thanks for the offer, I need more info to say yes, if you don't mind.
Derek
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2018

Unread post by Derek »

You can find it in the iOS App Store as “OBD Jscan” and a there is 1 license for each vin you add, on iOS it’s $21, but android pricing is different, I bought both to get my proximity lock handles working (long story). That app license is tied to the vin, unlike the the tazer where the hardware is tied/“married” to the vin.

There is a demo in the app without buying anything. Also, a list of compatible hardware.

The hardware: the security bypass cable was about $20, but a lot less if you can wait. The Bluetooth adapter was about $60. All on Amazon, I can send you links if you want, but pricing looks all messed up right now.

Jscan is more dedicated to changing the settings, tire size, gear ratio, proximity locks present, etc.

BTW, the last time it was at the dealer, my proximity lock handles got disabled, but my tire settings stayed.
TheDirector
BSJ BOD Secretary

Thanks for all the info Derek! The gear shop won't let me out of the shop without setting the gear ratio so I just ended up getting a tazer...someday when I die the cc will be someone else's problem lol.