Third mod is a bust

You can talk about anything here
Dajeep
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2021
Jeep Model: JL Wrangler

Third mod is a bust

Unread post by Dajeep »

I listened to everyones advice went with the steel skid plates from metal cloak. They arrived today in my driveway. So I immediately went to the Home depot grabbed jack stands and a jack for the install. Unboxed everything and found no instructions, so I went to there site and instead of instructions a note saying it will not fit a 2021 wrangler:( I was really shocked because they don't process your order unless they verbally talk to you. I called them up and a person answered the phone and said I could wait a couple of months or more for the new part or return it, Shocked again!

So I picked metal cloak because ease of install and being my 3rd mod ease of install sounded good, Now what any suggestions?
Attachments
PXL_20210206_001624459.jpg
RandyCarol
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Re: Third mod is a bust

Unread post by RandyCarol »

Do you know why it won’t fit, maybe you just need to drill a new hole or something
Stubby antenna & Prorock 60’s
Jonas
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2007
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by Jonas »

I would agree with Randy. If you try to fit them and see what the problem is you could find there is only a slight disconnect that can be fixed. If you commit to fit them and start scratching them up you may be out of luck with the return, though, so be careful.

Jonas
Dajeep
BSJ Member

Unread post by Dajeep »

Jeep has changed the wrangler engine mounts for 2021. Rock hard skid plate has new brackets that are compatible however metal cloak and others aren't there yet. Still researching but may have to return go a different path.
TheDirector
BSJ BOD Secretary

Unread post by TheDirector »

I am looking at skids too for a 2021 2.0L, I was interested in metal cloak but now looking at the Rock Hard 4x4 Complete Bellypan Skid Plate System...that shipping cost though....and Northridge claims free shipping but says no parts fit a 2021 yet....hopefully more options will emerge soon. I think I will just buy a spare oil pan lol
Turn up the radio and Bump it! that will buff right out.
shrinkhead
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2020
Jeep Model: JT Gladiator

Unread post by shrinkhead »

Changed engine mounts to fit the 392? Interesting
all wheelbases are beautiful