Stock or upgrade - Rubicon D44 front axle

Modeler
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: LJ Wrangler

Re: Stock or upgrade - Rubicon D44 front axle

Unread post by Modeler »

Didn't have any real issues with the install other than the ball joints I selected, don't use the Teraflex ones. LOL

If you haven't ever had the hubs off, you can use the steering as a press to help push the hubs off using a deep socket on the hub bolts and having someone gently turn the steering wheel (with the engine off). I had the bolts out about 1/2 inch, may need an extension on the socket to reach the inner C for the press to work.

Anti-seize is your friend when putting everything back together.
Speed costs money, how slow do you want to go?
BlackNBlue-ISH
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by BlackNBlue-ISH »

I used a socket on the bolt with a mini-sledge to push the hub out, a little bit on each of the two side bolts. It worked itself out easy enough that way.
2005 TJ, built and beat accordingly
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

You seem to have an answer for every question youve asked . So why ask in the first place ? If they arent making the ring gear bigger to hold more teeth , what do you think happens to them ? They get thinner or maybe we just overlooked that part. Anyone can claim same strength as the high ratios. Prove it to people who have wheeled and seen many things happen , unheard of things . With a 5/6 speed maybe even 8 auto , there is no reason with 35s to go that deep. The same things go for newer people with 4 doors and what to lift and get 47 answers and do what they wanted anyway and have to do it again . JTs included ! Were trying to help you do things once , cheaper or better. FjR68