Inspection

You can talk about anything here
Sim67
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2008
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Inspection

Unread post by Sim67 »

I just bought a used lifted 2 door JK and I was wondering if anyone knew a place preferably in western mass to get a sticker that’s a little “lenient” with MA altered vehicle height laws. I just got the Jeep and I really love it so I want it to pass so I don’t have to pull the lemon law card on the dealer I got it from
RandyCarol
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013

Re: Inspection

Unread post by RandyCarol »

Got a pic of it? There doesn’t seem to be many issues of people not getting stickers if things aren’t to crazy
Stubby antenna & Prorock 60’s
MDSRACING398
Jeep Year: 1985
Jeep Model: CJ7

Unread post by MDSRACING398 »

Sorry you are not getting your answer here. This is a public forum that anyone can see. Like Randy said there are more people that never went worried getting sticker than people that didn't get one. Only really issue most have is tires sticking way out of fenders.
Do it right the first time!
Second place is First Loser! Work Harder
Semper Fi
Liv2Ryd
Jeep Year: 2006
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by Liv2Ryd »

I recently bought an 06 Rubicon with 35's and a 4.5" lift and had no issues getting a sticker at my local inspection shop. I do have fender flares so the tires only stick out a little bit.
Good judgement comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgement

Liv2Ryd/Ryd2Liv

06TJR with 4" RE Lift, 35's, Lockers, 5:38 Dana 44's, UCF/Savvy skids, Savvy steering, Vanco brakes, Q9000 Winch
Icb1976
Jeep Year: 2016

Unread post by Icb1976 »

I purchased a Jeep from VIrginia this week that has a 4” lift Kit with 35” tires that stick out 2-3”. It also had tint that I wasn’t sure about. Drove into a shop that seems to work on interesting cars with the windows down (not to hide them though) and he said he loved it and never even rolled up the windows, called his son over to check it out, a few minutes later I had the Inspection sticker and I was out. I didn’t even realize the Mass law until the Jeep arrived and I was curious if I was pushing the limit. When I saw the lift law, I ordered spring compressors and was searching craigslist and Facebook market place for used smaller tires and rims to see if I could get it to pass. Then I decided to just try and there was no problem. Thank god because I didn’t want to have to change tires and compress the springs every time I needed an inspection. Now I just hope this guy stays in business for a few more years. I am only 15 miles north of Boston in the North Shore. So you can definitely find a place or two that still think people should get to enjoy their vehicles. Now if I can just find somewhere near by that I can take it out too. Growing up in New Hampshire we could do most anything but Mass likes to be the fun police.