Dana 60 questions

mudpup96
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2014
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Dana 60 questions

Unread post by mudpup96 »

Looking for some insight/advice for my dana 60 swap.
After pulling the shafts I found some surface rust in the inside on the passenger side tube. Looks pretty superficial so I'm going to use a honing tool to clean it up but the axle shafts do have rust on them.(I'll attach a picture) I was mainly looking to see if its worth it to knock the rust off the shafts and press in new joints and deals or would just be better off buying a whole new set.
Also I was curious if anyone has run the dynatrac Ball joints in the 60s. I'm seeing if its worth the exrta to run them compared to a sealed moog joint.

Thanks! :music-rockout:
0427200755_HDR.jpg
"it ain't stupid if it works!"
MDSRACING398
Jeep Year: 1985
Jeep Model: CJ7

Re: Dana 60 questions

Unread post by MDSRACING398 »

What year superduty? Rust is fine seals are at the carrier. Easier to put new joints in now for sure. Just clean out the tubes so you don't push poop into the seal reinstalling shafts. Most guys I wheel with use ball joint eliminators. But they don't drive on street.
Do it right the first time!
Second place is First Loser! Work Harder
Semper Fi
mudpup96
Jeep Year: 2014
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Re: Dana 60 questions

Unread post by mudpup96 »

MDSRACING398 wrote: Mon Apr 27, 2020 8:19 am What year superduty? Rust is fine seals are at the carrier. Easier to put new joints in now for sure. Just clean out the tubes so you don't push poop into the seal reinstalling shafts. Most guys I wheel with use ball joint eliminators. But they don't drive on street.
2002, after I finish prepping all the tubes I'm going to blow some compressed air through it to clean all the gunk out
"it ain't stupid if it works!"