95 YJ vent control cables

tryisforfail
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1995
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

95 YJ vent control cables

Unread post by tryisforfail »

I bought 2 brand new cables from quadratec as both cable were compromised. found 1 that fit, and the other didn't. as the cable that came out had to eye hooks on it and the new cable has 1 eye hook and a crimped end. called quadratec and they said there are only 2 cables for the jeep and that i bought the correct 2 and explained my situation. does anyone have any insight on what i can do. as this is holding me up ha

thank you pictures are below of cable that came out of jeep and here is the cable that came new.
Attachments
quadratec cable.jpg
quadratec cable.jpg (7.29 KiB) Viewed 1649 times
jeep yj3.jpg
jeep yj2.jpg
jeep yj1.jpg
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Re: 95 YJ vent control cables

Unread post by Frank »

Worse case scenario is look on Craigs list or Market place for a YJ being parted. I have a 74 CJ-5 , there have been times just like this for me. I would have soldered the second loop to the end without one and made my own. You cut a slot in the eyelet just big enough for the lead ball to fit into the eyelet. Solder it or lead it. My mind works differently than most ! FjR68
Hoodoo Man
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

call Jeff Thorton at Crown Automotive in MA. My best guess is quadratec bought from Crown in the first place but Jeff and the guys at Crown really know their stuff and can help you. 781-821-2276
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
tryisforfail

i went to the website a little hard to navigate. thought id ask on the forums and shoot to the local parts shop first to see what people have done. thank you will give them a call and see where that takes me.

thanks Frank, if i can't find anything that works i guess your idea will be the best. sounds great to me
Hoodoo Man
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

tryisforfail wrote: Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:38 am i went to the website a little hard to navigate. thought id ask on the forums and shoot to the local parts shop first to see what people have done. thank you will give them a call and see where that takes me.

thanks Frank, if i can't find anything that works i guess your idea will be the best. sounds great to me
The website is not great for Crown, but they are based in MA and Jeff T is really amazing. He has owned numerous jeeps and has a wealth of information. The other benefit is they can ship parts within MA even if you are not a dealer or authorized re-seller, sadly for some odd reason they can not ship outside of MA to individuals. He has helped me a lot with my 70 Jeepster as well as my old TJ and some stuff for my JK's as well.
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
tryisforfail

awesome, ill be giving them a call tomorrow. thanks for the info. kinda lame they can't ship outside MA though