New waitlister from Weymouth

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
Suet123
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2018
Jeep Model: JL Wrangler

New waitlister from Weymouth

Unread post by Suet123 »

Hi,
I'm a newbie and I'm a proud owner of a 2018 JL Sahara wrangler! First jeep and super excited to bang her up. I have limited off roading experience and would love to learn more. Any suggestions for mods or equipment to start with? It is my daily driver as well so need to be conservative about the mods plus limited budget.
Attachments
20200419_110037.jpg
IMG_20200418_111513_374.jpg
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Re: New waitlister from Weymouth

Unread post by Frank »

Love the color. To be successful off road , you just need to use your head ! Its not all excited to banger her up but need her to get to work. Using your head means slow , in control and picking good lines. A line being a way over under around and through an obstacle . A 4 door has its advantage while climbing as its super long wheel base. That being said , the length is also a curse turning in the woods or clearing something. There are so many write ups on what to do first . Only pay attention to 4 door builds as those will save you money. No one has the perfect order to build when there is a budget/daily driver. If you get invited on an open run , thats when you will have the chance to watch , ask , and make a game plan. FjR68
Suet123
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2018
Jeep Model: JL Wrangler

Unread post by Suet123 »

Will do! Thanks for the advice. Hope there will be an open run soon but who knows with the madness going on!
BlackNBlue-ISH
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by BlackNBlue-ISH »

welcome to the forum! protect your investment and gain seat time. if you really want to start spending money before doing anything else, look into some legit rock sliders and skid plates. then look at some meatier all-terrain tires. for a vehicle that is a daily driver, all-terrains will be the best of all worlds and once you've built everything up for more hardcore off-road stuff you can get some mud-terrains.
2005 TJ, built and beat accordingly