Wow great day 3/14 in Winchedon, Ma

You can talk about anything here
MDSRACING398
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1985
Jeep Model: CJ7

Wow great day 3/14 in Winchedon, Ma

Unread post by MDSRACING398 »

I have to say with everything going on in the world I wasn't sure how today would go. But man great day from start to finish. We had 20 jeeps wheeling, 7 of which were on there prospect run. Everyone was eager to sign the waiver and pay, didn't need to hunt anyone down. Everyone seemed to have a great time, few learnt tube steps and rocks don't mix and one steering stabilizer took a rock for the team. We also learnt no YOU don't need your lockers all the time lol. Thank you everyone for making it a great day. We have a new spotter in the making too!
Do it right the first time!
Second place is First Loser! Work Harder
Semper Fi
ChrisL
Jeep Year: 2012
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Re: Wow great day 3/14 in Winchedon, Ma

Unread post by ChrisL »

I reflect some of those comments above, thanks for the hospitality, coaching and wrenching, we had a great time.

Chris
IMG_3348.jpeg
Last edited by ChrisL on Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
64wildcat
Jeep Year: 2015

Unread post by 64wildcat »

Had a great time today Mark. great group of people, looking forward to hopefully going out on some more runs!
Car Jack
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2014

Unread post by Car Jack »

Great day. I'm constantly amazed at some of the stock Jeeps and what they can get through. You don't need 42's and a 4 foot lift to have fun.
bangel2209
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2017

Unread post by bangel2209 »

We had a good time also. thanks to everone that made it posable for us to the day wheelling.
mikepa
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2018
Jeep Model: JL Wrangler

Unread post by mikepa »

Yes. This newb and passenger had a great time. Perfect first run with good people and weather for old man retractable roofs, even if I didn't get to turn my lockers on.

Thanks for the opportunity. Very much looking (locking?) forward to future runs and participating in the club in other ways as soon as my membership is approved.
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon, 2.5" MC GameChanger, 37" Toyo MTs,
MC skids/rock rails, PowerTank CO2 air, front trail camera
and one wicked cool, push button retractable soft top
RandyCarol
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013

Unread post by RandyCarol »

It was nice getting back out there, it’s been a couple months since wheeling for me, now I’m motivated to take mine out of storage. Nice seeing some new people out there, it’s always interesting to see how they will react. I’ve never seen anyone so excited to destroy a set of brand new side rails before. Thanks to Mark for walking the trails and getting everyone through the tough spots, that kept the big group moving for the most part.
Stubby antenna & Prorock 60’s
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Glad yall had a great time . Hope you all stay healthy . See yall after this blows ovah ! FjR68
Jonny09
Jeep Year: 2009

Unread post by Jonny09 »

Wow! Had a great time! Wife didn't sleep Saturday night convinced that we should have died but she'll come around. She's already talking lift, skid plates, and tires. Was driving the (basically) blue stock Sahara JKU. Can't believe some of the stuff we made it through. Ironically, got about 20 miles down the road on the way home and started to hear a loud rumble. Stopped at the next gas station, crawled under the Jeep, and saw my muffler had rusted completely off. Had a loud drive home. I've spent the last few days removing the old muffler, relocating my evaporator canister (that is a disaster waiting to happen!), and treating some rust underneath. Hopefully get it all back together by the weekend.

All in all a great day! Thanks.
timbuxton
Jeep Year: 2018

Unread post by timbuxton »

My son and I had an absolute blast wheeling with you guys! We loved every minute of it, especially learning why you need rock sliders and not side steps! My son had a great time being a spotter with Mark. It was an amazing day and hope to wheel with you guys again! Thanks so much for the invite!

- Jeep Ellie and Crew
- Tim Buxton
- Jeep Ellie
RandyCarol
BSJ Member

Unread post by RandyCarol »

Jonny09 wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:36 pm Wow! Had a great time! Wife didn't sleep Saturday night convinced that we should have died but she'll come around. She's already talking lift, skid plates, and tires. Was driving the (basically) blue stock Sahara JKU. Can't believe some of the stuff we made it through. Ironically, got about 20 miles down the road on the way home and started to hear a loud rumble. Stopped at the next gas station, crawled under the Jeep, and saw my muffler had rusted completely off. Had a loud drive home. I've spent the last few days removing the old muffler, relocating my evaporator canister (that is a disaster waiting to happen!), and treating some rust underneath. Hopefully get it all back together by the weekend.

All in all a great day! Thanks.
I have a stock muffler you can have if you need one.

Tim, saw your Jeep at CVS today. Parked mine next to it but you were still there when I left.
Stubby antenna & Prorock 60’s
Marky
BSJ Member

Unread post by Marky »

I had a lot of fun, too. So glad to see new people not afraid to scrape the bottom once in a while. (Or bend a step or something!) I can't wait for this virus thing to pass so we can get out again!
aGOPR0036.JPG
avlcsnap-2020-03-14-20h44m42s256.png
avlcsnap-2020-03-14-20h31m52s706.png
aGOPR0069.JPG
aGOPR0048.JPG
2014-19 Vice President
Other positions: DOE, At-Large
2013 JK Rubicon, 3" lift, 35" tires, lots of armor
Jonny09
Jeep Year: 2009

Unread post by Jonny09 »

RandyCarol wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:41 pm
I have a stock muffler you can have if you need one.
Thanks for the offer. If I hadn't already been to O'Reilly's to pick one up I would be all over it. Save it for the next guy. :music-rockout:

Great pics by the way, Marky!