Riding areas in MA meeting with Fish and game.

Public Events, Meets, Get Togethers, Etc....
Hoodoo Man
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Riding areas in MA meeting with Fish and game.

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

there is a meeting tomorrow night I just fond out about to try and open trails in MA for 4x4 funded by the OHV stickers we have been paying for the last 4 / 5 years. If you are in the Auburn area it may be worth checking it out... I think its a litte too far for me as I am overschduled lately but if someone has the time and is nearby it would be a good chance to make our voice heard. This is for jeeps, and side by sides and motorcycles and sleds so most of those groups are really good at lobbying... we are not as good... :(

1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
MDSRACING398
Jeep Year: 1985
Jeep Model: CJ7

Re: Riding areas in MA meeting with Fish and game.

Unread post by MDSRACING398 »

Tommorrow nights meeting is for people that want to organize clubs or clubs aren't up to snuff. It is a meeting to give people the information and paperwork that it takes to start and organize a club or improve on there club. A bunch of us went to the first meeting and were told 4x4 trails for jeeps is a ways off.
Do it right the first time!
Second place is First Loser! Work Harder
Semper Fi
MDSRACING398

1st email

Subject: Next set of workshops for OHV riding in Massachusetts

All –

Thanks so much for attending the November open houses with Scott Morrill, the OHV Coordinator for Massachusetts.  As I said during the presentation, the smallest unit the a government agency can work with is a club.  While there are several reasons for this, the two biggest are 1) A club has more potential to be around in the long run and 2) People in a club have already shown they are committed to a purpose.  There are several members who can assist and step forward when needed and if people are committed enough to be part of a club, they are usually committed enough to work through the issues towards a mutual goal.

There are 2 more workshops coming up that will help riders form a club.  If you are already a member of the club, it could be beneficial for you to attend to ensure your by-laws and processes are working well and meet future demands.  I have attached a flyer for the workshops and the locations.  South Side sales is working to secure a location for the workshop in North Adams.

If you are planning to attend, it would be helpful if you registered, so that I make sure I bring enough hand-outs for everyone.  Registration is at: http://upoutside.com/Projects/Massachus ... kshop.aspx.

There are a couple of people working to enhance the communication to the riders.  If you are part of an existing club, please reply to the this message to give me your club name and contact information.  This information will be used by other riders to keep you in the loop regarding what is happening in the riding community.

A couple of other reminders regarding the take-away messages during the open houses are:

Scott is looking for areas in which riding areas could be established.  Potential areas are: Areas owned and not used by local municipalities such as towns, cities, or countiesAreas which could be preserved.  These could be natural areas owned by non-profits or areas surrounding industries or public entities which need a large buffer. Registering your machines puts money into the OHV program.  This money pays for Scott and other program administration.  The fund can be used for purchasing additional property. Registration number are also used as the count of people who would benefit from OHV trails.  The more registrations, the more voice you have to get additional riding areas.
Semper Fi
MDSRACING398

2nd email

All –

Don’t forget about the workshops coming up this week.  If you haven’t registered yet, please do so to ensure I bring enough materials.  Also, if you are part of an existing club, and you have not already done so, please send me contact information for your club.  This will be used by the people who are creating a State-wide communication center to help all of the clubs in the State stay up to date with what is happening in the State and to communicate with each other.

Karen

Semper Fi
Hoodoo Man
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

thanks for the information Mark, are you going tonight?
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..