New applicant

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
Straxis643
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2011
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

New applicant

Unread post by Straxis643 »

Hi, my name is Chris, I am from the cape and just submitted application to join, currently on waiting list. Bought a 2011 JK Rubicon used a few years back and have been working on it since. It is my first jeep and I have minimal offroad experience, except for racing 250s when i was younger, I have mechanical knowledge, been around cars since i was young and drove a tow truck for about 12 years so i have experience around winching and using snatch blocks etc. Jeep has a Terraflex 3inch lift on it with 35s. Has various other addons and working on skid plates and a winch next. I am super happy I got a jeep, and as they are an on-going project/money pit, its well worth it IMO! I hope to be a member soon, get out there and wheel, and meet some new friends! :)
Straxis643

Re: New applicant

Here is a pic of my jeep, still in the process of working on it.
Attachments
20190928_140405.jpg
BRWhelan
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2012

Unread post by BRWhelan »

Hey Chris, welcome to the forum! I’m also on the waitlist. I hear they are expecting to open invites the beginning of the year. Besides that, there is a little activity on the site. Good place to ask questions.
Straxis643

Yeah i check forum every week or so, I was bummed as I missed the trail run they had in october for new applicants due to work.....
But yeah I am hoping i am off the waiting list come spring. And thanks, cant wait to get out there and meet some of you guys!
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Hey Chris. Welcome to the forum . Our membership is full and management is working on that . The run we had for list people was great . Had great weather and met some new people. It wasnt an exceptionally a technical area , but had enough to entertain the group. I wrote a report on the day under "Events" and only one or two responses . So sad people join , try it , dont like it , and yet they dont cancel the membership and hold someone else up from joining . See ya at the spring meeting. Keep an eye on the forum . FYI checking the site once a week isnt gonna get you ahead . FjR68