Help needed

Hoodoo Man
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Help needed

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

I'm at wits end, I had to replace the return power steering line and I got almost everything in except the bolt assembly on the power steering pump itself. I've literally fought with this for hours with a screwdriver pushing the fitting down and numerous style open end wrenches and the darn thing will not seat properly. Tried for a while last night and then ran out of energy and light, tried again for over an hour and even had my wife trying to help. This thing is a PITA. :angry-cussingblack:

Is there anyone that can swing by and lend a hand in the next few days (if its not raining)? I work from home so I'm pretty much here unless the kids are getting a ride somewhere... :confusion-helpsos:

This is what Im dealing with...
ImageUntitled by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/183258306@N07/]
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
Hoodoo Man

Re: Help needed

Huge thanks to Dave Coye who helped me out today! Dave happened to be in the area and I happened to have some parts for him :)

We ended up needing to reroute the hose OVER the other PS line instead of under the notch to get it to line up. Still weeping a little fluid, but now I can drive it a little bit to bring it to someone the get it the rest of the way. :bluesbros:

The best part is I didn't need to torch my Jeep and smile while it burned to the ground as that was the direction it was headed....

1970 Jeepster- stock
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

That Dave guy is busy . We had lunch as he pick up parts for Carl . Any of what I said helpful ? Glad its together FjR68
Hoodoo Man

Hey Frank it was definitely helpful to trace the lines out like you suggested. My brain was a little overwhelmed when I was looking at it before and the inner fender liners blocked a lot of the view to trace things, once I peeled those back it was easier to figure out what part I needed to order and then it was a mater of waiting for it to come in to the parts place...
1970 Jeepster- stock
Hoodoo Man

:angry-cussingblack: So the sad saga is not yet over. I was away last week and after Dave helped me out the pump was still weeping. I finally took it to a mechanic up the road when I got back from vacation and they couldn't get it to seat either. They ordered a new line which took a few days to come in and that one also would not seat properly, they determined that the steering box is defective and causing the line to deform when tightened. Now I need to replace the steering box (two years old and Jeep that replaced it under warranty wont stand behind their part) and now I need to buy a new PS pump AND a new PS line.

Its a jeep thing, I think you understand... :doh:
1970 Jeepster- stock
wrath0r
Jeep Year: 2014
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by wrath0r »

Sounds like a great excuse to upgrade to a new jeep and do all the fun stuff again! :D
Black 2014 JK w/ ~1.5" net lift, 33" BFG KO2s, and well-used armor underneath