Power steering line question

Hoodoo Man
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Power steering line question

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

I lost my power steering line today and want to make sure I'm ordering the right part. I'm pretty sure I narrowed it down to to part number 4 on the diagram below "power steering return line"

the area leaking is on the drivers side right over the frame toward the radiator. Its def power steering fluid that is leaking as the tank is very low and steering is "armstrong" as there is no PS at the moment. the yellow is the line that is bad and the red arrow points to the leak.

ImageIMG_2488 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/183258306@N07/]

1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Re: Power steering line question

Unread post by Frank »

Jeff . I cant tell from the pic but all stock PS systems have a pressure line and a return line. Usually the pressure line has a fitting at both ends for a wrench and goes from the pump to a port on the steering box , while the return line "Usually"goes from the steering box back to the pump and at the pump will have just some type of clamp to a nipple in the reservoir. If it goes from the box to the rad cooler , it still goes back to the pump res as low psi or return. Without looking at it , Im just not sure which one it is. Two fittings = high psi or supply . One fitting and a clamp is the return or low psi side. Are those all the hose options for your JK ?????? Number 9 ???? Maybe ????? . Id unscrew the suckah and maybe have a better look at its shape. Hope it helps ya at all Bud FjR68