Pulled the trigger on a new Exhaust

BlackKnight
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Pulled the trigger on a new Exhaust

Unread post by BlackKnight »

Just picked this up on Amazon, Rated 4.5 by verified purchasers.

AfE Power 49-46218 Cat-Back Exhaust System

Fully tucked under the JKU, Exits after the Rear Axle right next to the frame rail, removes the resonator and rear muffler for just a better muffler in the location of the resonator.

(Note, Shown on a JK, My JKU has a longer lead pipe)
--
BlackKnight - Commando Green '13 JKU w/EVO (R Fascia w/D's, ProSeries Front, Skids, 4" Lift) Powerstop z36 kit, 38" Patagonia MTss, PoisonSpyder Diff Armor, SuperWinch w/factor55 Prolink, FOX 2.0 shocks. JKS Track Bars
Wranglerguy78
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2017

Re: Pulled the trigger on a new Exhaust

Unread post by Wranglerguy78 »

Very minimalist, I like it. looking forward to checking it out.

Dan
BlackKnight
BSJ Member

Wranglerguy78 wrote:Very minimalist, I like it. looking forward to checking it out.

Dan
When I was under it at the last Wrench Fest, noticed a large dent in the rear muffler and on one of the pipes, so was going to replace, but originally was going to go with one that dropped out forward of the rear axle (Even more compact), Following some advice of others decided to drop after the rear axle so as to not tempt fate with the Mass Inspectors...
--
BlackKnight - Commando Green '13 JKU w/EVO (R Fascia w/D's, ProSeries Front, Skids, 4" Lift) Powerstop z36 kit, 38" Patagonia MTss, PoisonSpyder Diff Armor, SuperWinch w/factor55 Prolink, FOX 2.0 shocks. JKS Track Bars
Hank
BSJ BOD Director at Large
Jeep Year: 2015

Unread post by Hank »

How does it sound? I've been interested in losing the gigantic muffler, and that's a decent price.
-- Hank
BlackKnight
BSJ Member

Hank wrote:How does it sound? I've been interested in losing the gigantic muffler, and that's a decent price.
Haven't installed yet, but there are several youtube videos, just look for AFE JK Exhaust system

Found this one, but think that it's the barrel muffler (straight-through exhaust) where the one I'm getting is the low profile flat exhaust. Mine should be a little deeper/lower, and less Fart Pipe...

Also picked up an Exhaust hanger tool... Image
--
BlackKnight
BSJ Member

Well it has arrived...
AFE Power Exhaust
--
WeekendWrangler
BSJ Member

Unread post by WeekendWrangler »

So, I think.i.really want to.order this... but I need to hear it first. Please post up a short video when you get it on? After brookridge my tailpipe is now oval and the muffler is rattling.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
2013 JK 3.6L, 4.56 gears, double locked, 2.5" lift.
BlackKnight
BSJ Member

WeekendWrangler wrote:So, I think.i.really want to.order this... but I need to hear it first. Please post up a short video when you get it on? After brookridge my tailpipe is now oval and the muffler is rattling.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
I definitely will...
--
BlackKnight
BSJ Member

A vid should be coming soon, but I'll tell you, I like the sound. It's loud, but not too much. On the highway, it only gets loud when I get on it for a pass, once it drops back to a normal driving gear it's nice and quiet.

So when it comes down to it, it's only loud when I want it to be loud (on the gas heavy), When I'm not it's a nice throaty deep sound. It's not a V8 sound, but good none the less.
--