AEV Tire Carrier

BlackKnight
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

AEV Tire Carrier

Unread post by BlackKnight »

Anyone have an AEV Tire Carrier on their Jeep? I'm specifically looking for impressions on the design, how hard to set up, etc...

I found a deal on FaceBook and want to know how hard the setup is...

bob
--
BlackKnight - Commando Green '13 JKU w/EVO (R Fascia w/D's, ProSeries Front, Skids, 4" Lift) Powerstop z36 kit, 38" Patagonia MTss, PoisonSpyder Diff Armor, SuperWinch w/factor55 Prolink, FOX 2.0 shocks. JKS Track Bars
MattJ
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2016

Re: AEV Tire Carrier

Unread post by MattJ »

I have the full AEV rear bumper system. Didn’t realize they sell the tire carrier separately. How does it mount?
___=_=_=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)--o-)_) BEV: the BSA Expedition Vehicle
BlackKnight
BSJ Member

MattJ wrote:I have the full AEV rear bumper system. Didn’t realize they sell the tire carrier separately. How does it mount?
Exactly like the full bumper, The bumper just has a hole cut in the top of it. The Tire Carrier is sold separately and mounts with a brass sleeve in a steel housing. It mounts with two bolts on the side and one on top and bottom of the passenger side frame horn. I may have to do some quick cutting on the rear facia that I have to make the AEV carrier fir, but hopefully I can keep the facia.

The AEV carrier takes all the weight of up to a 40" spare and puts it directly on the frame, taking it off the rear door. Right now my factory carrier is holding my 35" spare and 1 it barly fits, and 2, the rear door is starting to show some "looseness" like it may be loosening or weakening the joints...

Bob
--
BlackKnight - Commando Green '13 JKU w/EVO (R Fascia w/D's, ProSeries Front, Skids, 4" Lift) Powerstop z36 kit, 38" Patagonia MTss, PoisonSpyder Diff Armor, SuperWinch w/factor55 Prolink, FOX 2.0 shocks. JKS Track Bars
BlackKnight
BSJ Member

However just got bad news. the seller sold it out from under me, I told him I was interested and I wanted to come and look/pick it up, and when I mesenged him back today to set up the time, he pulled an "I sold it"....
--