Is the "Jeep Wave" on life support?

You can talk about anything here
Posimoto
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1954
Jeep Model: CJ3B

Re: Is the "Jeep Wave" on life support?

Unread post by Posimoto »

I have lots of Jeeps, trucks, antique cars, and pedestrians wave, some enthusiastically, while driving my 3B.
Car Jack
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2014
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by Car Jack »

I find that most wave back (I'll wave to any Wrangler/CJ/Willys/Kaiser). When my wife was driving my JKU for a while, she was staunch that she would not wave. But she knew about the wave and it got to her and she waves now as well. Just keep waving. After a while, they'll figure out that only other Wranglers are waving at them and the light bulb will come on.
Carl McFly
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2000
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by Carl McFly »

I don't know, but I was looking at JL's and saw every Jeep on the dealership floor had a sticker guaranteeing a 'Jeep Wave'. Every. One. Wrangler, Grand Cherokee, Compass - if it said Jeep, it had a 'Jeep Wave' sticker on it. Considered calling them out on this, didn't, so caveat emptor

http://www.miamilakesautomall.com/jeep- ... uipped.jpg
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"
smarshall
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2015
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by smarshall »

I drive mine daily around Burlington, Ma where I work. That is a really corporate area and there are a ton of JLUs that don't typically wave. I figure they are just using them as an upper-middle class SUV and don't know much about or are not interested in jeep culture. When I drive up to NH or ME I get a lot more waves. I still wave every time I can. When I get a wave back it makes my day better so I hope I can do the same for others.