New Member From Pembroke

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
We3Skis
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2016
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

New Member From Pembroke

Unread post by We3Skis »

Hey All,

Josh and family here. We have been members since spring. This is our first Jeep and we're ready to get it out on the trail. We're newish to offroading and are looking forward to meeting everyone and having a great time on the trails. My brother and I attended Jeep 101 with my bone stock 2016 Sahara and learned very quickly that I needed to make some upgrades.

Since then I have added a 3.5" Rock Krawler lift and 35 inch Nitto tires provided by the folks over at OE in Abington. We are planning on attending the Offroading for Acreage event soon and are looking forward to testing out the new setup. In addition to the lift and tires, I installed skid plates and front and rear bumpers including a winch.

The next mods I'd like to make; front axle swap and regear along with the addition of ARB lockers front and back. Look forward to seeing everyone out there.
Attachments
20190504_130542.jpg
Emoto
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2017
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Re: New Member From Pembroke

Unread post by Emoto »

Welcome!
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

If your not going to go crazy with huge tires and really deep gearing , Id look into a sleeve and gusset kit to make the 30 live and be happy. Its a lot cheaper. If you can find a wreck with a 44 that would be the best option , but again , not always the cheapest . Everyone drives different , and wants different things. Ive had my Jeep for 17 yrs. Still on the Dana 30 front end FjR68
pirahnah3
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1997
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by pirahnah3 »

Welcome certainly sounds like you have a great start on that build. You might be surprised how much those changes will help in themselves. Depends on how hard you are going to push, that axle swap is not a cheap option. Looking forward to seeing the new rig on the trails.
'97 thats been chopped up and put back together, and ready to take on the trails.