New member from Norwood!

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
WeekendWrangler
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

New member from Norwood!

Unread post by WeekendWrangler »

Hi!

I'm Mark and I decided to stop lurking and join up.
My Jeep is a silver 2013 JK Sport. It came home last fall. Outfitted with a soft top and we had a few weeks to enjoy that before it got too cold.

Besides an oil change and thermostat replacement and a new battery, I haven't done anything major to it ... just yet. But I'm planning to change that soon. I've been researching *everything* and and trying to decide on my first upgrades (lift + tires). (It's on 29s now :snooty: )

I'm excited to be on the list for Jeep 101 and look forward to learning a lot and hopefully making some decisions on upgrades really soon. I'll be at the meeting later today too!

2013 JK 3.6L, 4.56 gears, double locked, 2.5" lift.
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Re: New member from Norwood!

Unread post by Frank »

Hey Mark , Hope you made it to the meeting yesterday .You have a good platform to work with from the start. A 2 door wil be able to have less done to it and be more capable than a 4 door because of its length . Lift and tires are always a good place to start a build. With that come problems you dont forsee or figure into the cost. The gear ratio you have now ? Will be change by how much your tires grow and it will affect gas mileage , power to weight ratio. Depending on auto / stick can change how tire size affects it. Ask a buch of JK guys and gals what they did first or if they would do something else first. Come out and play and see where you want to go with this. Welcome FjR68
pirahnah3
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1997
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by pirahnah3 »

Nice looking JK you have there, and a beautiful canvas to make your own. Certainly ask questions, folks here have tried tons of stuff, some works some doesnt. Some mods are great some dont live up to what you might think. The 101 is a great time and a good introduction to your Jeep and what it can do. Hope to see you out there on the trails this season.
'97 thats been chopped up and put back together, and ready to take on the trails.
WeekendWrangler
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by WeekendWrangler »

Thanks, yes I did make it (a little late), impressed ... what a turnout! I like this group already. Welcoming and friendly. (And funny!)

Now can it be April already? ;-)
2013 JK 3.6L, 4.56 gears, double locked, 2.5" lift.