2019 New Membership Applications

You can talk about anything here
Posimoto
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1954
Jeep Model: CJ3B

Re: 2019 New Membership Applications

Unread post by Posimoto »

Just curious, what is the difference between voting members and no-voting members beside the obvious?
ImNotCassie
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2011
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by ImNotCassie »

No other differences. Article 3 of the by laws explains Membership.
http://baystatejeepers.com/about-us/bylaws/
-Cassandra
2011 Silver/Black JK

It's never a mannequin!!
https://talkingtruecrime.podbean.com
Marky
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013

Unread post by Marky »

The important difference is only voting members count towards quorum at meetings.
2014-19 Vice President
Other positions: DOE, At-Large
2013 JK Rubicon, 3" lift, 35" tires, lots of armor
BlackNBlue-ISH
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by BlackNBlue-ISH »

NEA dues based on total members? Both voting and non?

From what I glean from our updated bylaws, it all looks like a great solution!
2005 TJ, built and beat accordingly
MDSRACING398
Jeep Year: 1985
Jeep Model: CJ7

Unread post by MDSRACING398 »

Yes NEA dues on everyone
Do it right the first time!
Second place is First Loser! Work Harder
Semper Fi
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Thanks Mark. I didnt totally get the concept but the way you said it sounds clearer . 62 is half of the club . The rest are drop outs ? Or your gonna get flooded next week. FjR68
Marky
BSJ Member

Unread post by Marky »

They're still trickling in. Procrastinators will wait until February, which is normal. There's always some who drop, so there will be voting positions available after the 15th.
2014-19 Vice President
AaronPerry
Jeep Year: 2014

Unread post by AaronPerry »

Is there an age requirement to joining? I gave my son my beefed up 2006 TJ and would like to get him involved in a good club esp since I travel a lot it will give him a good group of people to hang out with when I'm on tour. He will be 17 in May and a licensed driver of course. Figure it would be a good early bday gift to give him a 5 year membership! Hope to get out on the trails a lot this year. All depends on the Aero Vegas residency. Really hate that every damn summer weekend they tour hahaha.
-Aaron
14 Rubicon
4.56, 37" STT Pro on 17" Slabs, Evo Double D Pro, Evo front/rear bumper, aFe Hi-Tuck, RCV Front shafts, G2 gold rear shafts, EVO/Rockhard skids, Crawler Concepts corners/fenders, Rockhard sliders, Full Hydro Steering
MDSRACING398
Jeep Year: 1985
Jeep Model: CJ7

Unread post by MDSRACING398 »

Aaron as I understand it right now, you as a regular member can sponsor your son as an associate member. But because he is under 18 you will have to sign a waiver for him. But he needs to be in your jeep with you.

3.3.5 Associate members who are under the age of 18 must also submit a waiver of liability hand-signed by a legally-liable parent or legal guardian for membership to be validated and will be designated as Associate Minor with no voting rights.

6.2.5. The Associate Member shall not introduce or operate any vehicle on a Club sponsored Trail Ride other than the single vehicle over which their sponsor has responsibility and control.
Do it right the first time!
Second place is First Loser! Work Harder
Semper Fi
ImNotCassie
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2011

Unread post by ImNotCassie »

Hope to see you out there this year, Aaron. Always fun to have you on the trail. Your Jeep makes a great anchor point for those who can't make it up the hills. (You know who you are lol)
-Cassandra
2011 Silver/Black JK

It's never a mannequin!!
https://talkingtruecrime.podbean.com
AaronPerry

ImNotCassie wrote:Hope to see you out there this year, Aaron. Always fun to have you on the trail. Your Jeep makes a great anchor point for those who can't make it up the hills. (You know who you are lol)
HAHAHA! I hope so too. And now I finally know how to use a camera and looking forward to getting some great pics when I am.
-Aaron
14 Rubicon
4.56, 37" STT Pro on 17" Slabs, Evo Double D Pro, Evo front/rear bumper, aFe Hi-Tuck, RCV Front shafts, G2 gold rear shafts, EVO/Rockhard skids, Crawler Concepts corners/fenders, Rockhard sliders, Full Hydro Steering
AaronPerry

MDSRACING398 wrote:Aaron as I understand it right now, you as a regular member can sponsor your son as an associate member. But because he is under 18 you will have to sign a waiver for him. But he needs to be in your jeep with you.

3.3.5 Associate members who are under the age of 18 must also submit a waiver of liability hand-signed by a legally-liable parent or legal guardian for membership to be validated and will be designated as Associate Minor with no voting rights.

6.2.5. The Associate Member shall not introduce or operate any vehicle on a Club sponsored Trail Ride other than the single vehicle over which their sponsor has responsibility and control.
That's what I though but wasn't sure. That's what happens when you skim the laws lol. No worries. Maybe next season. He needs to get that TJ out on a 101 class and then beat the hell out of it like I use to haha. Plenty of time for that though. Thanks for the info!!!
-Aaron
14 Rubicon
Marky
BSJ Member

Unread post by Marky »

Yes, buy him an associate membership ($10) and he can drive your Jeep (or his own)... you just can't both drive your own Jeeps at the same time. Next year when he's 18 he's free to join as a full member and you can both drive your own vehicles.

As for whether you actually need to be in the vehicle with him, that's ambiguous. 6.2.5 implies you would have "responsibility and control" over the vehicle your sponsored associate member is operating. Realistically, no passenger has "control" over a vehicle. The main point is that you are taking responsibility for the vehicle and his actions while he's driving.
2014-19 Vice President
AaronPerry

Marky wrote:Yes, buy him an associate membership ($10) and he can drive your Jeep (or his own)... you just can't both drive your own Jeeps at the same time. Next year when he's 18 he's free to join as a full member and you can both drive your own vehicles.

As for whether you actually need to be in the vehicle with him, that's ambiguous. 6.2.5 implies you would have "responsibility and control" over the vehicle your sponsored associate member is operating. Realistically, no passenger has "control" over a vehicle. The main point is that you are taking responsibility for the vehicle and his actions while he's driving.

If I do that can he do the 101 in his TJ with me riding shotgun? That would be worth the $10 anyway if the week!!
-Aaron
14 Rubicon
Marky
BSJ Member

Unread post by Marky »

I think having him drive at the 101 is an excellent idea.
2014-19 Vice President