Quality shop time and another axle down.

Richl35
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee

Re: Quality shop time and another axle down.

Unread post by Richl35 »

So I had a death in the family sort of.. Ok, I guess that is super dramatic for getting water in my light bar. So let me rephrase that a little.

So I pressure washed water into my light bar! [There that's better..] Ya, so my 3 year old single row light bar had been great. It was awesome coming off the beach at 2 am fishing late tides and adding a LOT of extra light when necessary at night. Yes, I actually used it. It was a Chinese bar but had held up well. It had survived pouring rain, no touch car washes, and on top of it was like turning on the sun. Very bright! I liked the single row look as it wasn't too obtrusive and it was relatively quiet as some create quite the whistle sound at speed. It was a good bar. Unfortunately for it I got a little aggressive with my 3400 PSI pressure washer and I clearly found it's limitations. I did attempt to take it apart but found a LOT of Chinese engineering the deeper I got into it. I decided it was time to retire it! So now to choose a new one...

I looked at lights from Baha Designs, Rigid, Lifetime LED and others but I kept going back to my old CJ7. I had the old chrome housing KC Daylighters that had that in your face aesthetic that I love. But this is 2018 after all and a set of chrome housings containing archaic filament bulb technology was not going to find a way onto my JK. I wanted something current, high quality, leading edge technology, low current draw, etc... Only one LED bar really filled the gap between old and new and yes, it is still a KC product.

So here it is... My Happy Ending! (Insert Joke Here) I love the look and quality of the product. I fit my Crawler Conceptz brackets well, I love the adjustability of the bar as far as having the option to mount it straight or curved. It's not fair to claim how bright it is yet since I don't have any night shots to show you here but it is bright! Get a tan bright! We have to get it outside on a dark long road and take some shots with it to update the post. I love the old school look with a blast of modern!

Richl35
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee

Re: Quality shop time and another axle down.

Unread post by Richl35 »

Got some time in the garage last night. Knocked out the trail cage. Next on the list is Lizard Skin heat and sound insulation the interior then bed Rug carpets. After that is the LS Swap!!