May 22 BSJ Run Photos

** NO TRAIL NAMES **
nostaw

Re: May 22 BSJ Run Photos

Unread post by nostaw »

jpcamb wrote:Jon,
they (ARB) sell a patch kit for 25 or so, something like 6' of air line and splice fixtures. 4wd.com is having a free shipping sale that ends tonight too...
http://www.4wd.com/productdetails.aspx?partID=5074
Jeff
Thanks for the link... Kind of over priced though.

McMaster-Carr sells 25' of tube (@ $0.44/ft) and 5 couplers (@ $3.20/ea) for ~$27... Fastenal and Grainger have similar stuff too, and they are available locally for a little more $... I am going to call tomorrow and see if Fastenal has the stuff I want in stock and maybe make a run out at lunch. I think they can order it in for me too...

I have a piece of line already... All I really need are the couplers, and I'd like to have extras.

JW
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Ill dig em out Curtis. Give ya a ring. The next best thing is to pull the bolts and convert to studs. Locktite the studs and use grade 8 lock nut and washers .FjR68
DDewar53
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1990
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by DDewar53 »

nostaw wrote:I am thinking that first photo shows where I ripped the air line for the front ARB... wonder if it snagged on some brush.

I've been trying to find some fittings to use for an easy patch, but the 5mm air line ARB uses appears to be a little non-standard and is a PITA to find fittings for! :(

JW

Hey John, I've got a stainless steel air hose that's designed for an ARB - they used to sell them thru Quadratec. This one was for a YJ rear, I don't remember how long it is, but if you want it make an offer. I paid $80 plus shipping, never used it, still in package.
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert A. Heinlein
nostaw

Unread post by nostaw »

DDewar53 wrote: Hey John, I've got a stainless steel air hose that's designed for an ARB - they used to sell them thru Quadratec. This one was for a YJ rear, I don't remember how long it is, but if you want it make an offer. I paid $80 plus shipping, never used it, still in package.
I'm interested... PM sent.

JW
Captian Carnage
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2004
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by Captian Carnage »

Hey dave thanks for the only photo of me not my best LMAO I didnt think you got that LOL
nhdcoye
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by nhdcoye »

Captian Carnage wrote:Hey dave thanks for the only photo of me not my best LMAO I didnt think you got that LOL
No problem Buddy :lol:
Not sure if I took it or my passenger Joey snapped ....
92 YJ 6Cyl > 3 " lift, ford 8.8 SOA on XJ springs with Aussie out back, D30 with alloy 30's and ARB up front 4:56. 35 MTR's, 10K Winch, SYE ,traction bar, onBd Air and lots of gently used skids