Personal Update

You can talk about anything here
DDewar53
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1990
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Personal Update

Unread post by DDewar53 »

It's been a long, crazy couple of months, but we are finally settled in South Carolina, and blissfully retired. Between retiring, selling one house, buying another, packing and moving out of MA and into SC, I wasn't sure we were going to make it. So, we're in South Carolina, in the northwest corner of the state (they refer to it as "the Upstate", about 1 hour south of Charlotte, NC. It's nice down here, but the offroading clubs are not as organized as up there, so I'm still looking for a home. I'm about 3 hours away from Tellico, so if the group ever wants to do a road trip there I can meet you all there. I'm going stir crazy not working, so I'm looking into getting a certificate in Gunsmithing, and maybe setting up a shop. Gun laws are very much more relaxed around here, so there's business out there.

I'll be getting back up to MA occasionally, still have family up there, and hope to see all of you once in a while. Good wheeling to everybody, and keep the greasy side down.
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert A. Heinlein
Modeler
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: LJ Wrangler

Re: Personal Update

Unread post by Modeler »

Great to hear from you Don. I'd love to wheel Tellico someday. Best of luck and stay safe.
Speed costs money, how slow do you want to go?
pirahnah3
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1997
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by pirahnah3 »

Congrats on the completed long road trek and all the associated work with it. Time to enjoy your free time so make sure its something you can always enjoy.
'97 thats been chopped up and put back together, and ready to take on the trails.
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Hey Big D . An hour away from Charlotte puts you about an hour away from my brothers house in Greenwood . I believe the route goin in is 85 to 26 from Roanoke ? I spend the month of April thawing out down there , and fishing. Oh yeah , and doin my HoneyDoo list also ! The people down there almost seam fake at first , so polite . The food is awesome , Tonys neighbor owns some "Piggly Wigglys" . Nicky Haley ! Now there is a Governor that cares about Her people. Talk her into runnin for the big house ! Will try to hook up when Im down there. Good luck and health To you and Mama . FjR68
84cj
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1984
Jeep Model: CJ7

Unread post by 84cj »

Congratulations Don, a well deserved retirement! Have fun and stay healthy!

Curtis