Bumper Finishing Recomendations

bobalama
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2016
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Bumper Finishing Recomendations

Unread post by bobalama »

Hi Folks,

Newer member here and I'm looking for recommendations for reputible finishers in MA to either apply LineX or Powder Coat to a set of Crawler Conceptz bumpers. They come unfinished and I've been quoted 350.00 - 400.00 each for LineX and 250.00 each for Powder Coat. These are a bit out of range for my budget and I was hoping someone here knew of someone in MA that would offer a better deal.

Thanks!!

Bob
RalphTomaccio
Jeep Year: 2012

Re: Bumper Finishing Recomendations

Unread post by RalphTomaccio »

I used this guy a couple of times and can recommend him. He does this at his home in his spare time and is very fair in his pricing. He's in Franklin MA and is very good.

Midnight Powder Coating
Phil Newcomb - 508.328.5176

Here is a link with others that have used him with samples of his work:

http://www.nestreetriders.com/forum/f8/ ... 49645.html
bobalama
Jeep Year: 2016

Unread post by bobalama »

Many thanks! Just called him and left a message. The pics of the work look great.

Thanks again :)
Fcgeek
Jeep Year: 2004
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by Fcgeek »

Central Mass Powder Coating in Clinton does a great job as well. I had a tire carrier that had seen better days. They gave it a nice refresh and have great customer service. A little pricey but worth it.
2004 TJ Rubicon (Hooptie) Kick A$$ Grill
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

There are a lot of DIY kits out there. Either using bed liner or rust proofing materials. I prefer "Duplicolor" Spray under coat. The white labeled can . It pretty durable and cheap to recover if need be. FjR68
BlackKnight
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013

Unread post by BlackKnight »

I used self-etching primer and satin black engine enamel on my EVO rear fascia, and plan the same on the EVO pro series front bumper on its way in. I'm doing it that way so I can touch it up when needed (scratches etc). I could powder coat them, but if scratched I'm screwed from the repair, I could LineX them, but the same scratch fixing cost applies (though less likely to be scratched with LineX).

For costs, I may be able to get a good price on LineX, a Fraternity brother of mine runs a LineX business.
--
BlackKnight - Commando Green '13 JKU w/EVO (R Fascia w/D's, ProSeries Front, Skids, 4" Lift) Powerstop z36 kit, 38" Patagonia MTss, PoisonSpyder Diff Armor, SuperWinch w/factor55 Prolink, FOX 2.0 shocks. JKS Track Bars