Moab trip and Rubicon trip

You can talk about anything here
MDSRACING398
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1985
Jeep Model: CJ7

Moab trip and Rubicon trip

Unread post by MDSRACING398 »

It's been discussed a few times in the last few runs by different people I have talked to and at Rausch too. Is there any interest in going next year? I'm headed out and wouldn't mind going with a group if there is interest. My buddy has a hauler that can carry atleast 5 jeeps maybe 7 depending if grocery getters or not. And I'll probably pull two out. Just seeing if there is interest in going. Thinking May for Moab and mid June/ July for Rubicon and others close by.
Do it right the first time!
Second place is First Loser! Work Harder
Semper Fi
ImNotCassie
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2011
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Re: Moab trip and Rubicon trip

Unread post by ImNotCassie »

I would love to take that trip but it wont be in the budget next year.
-Cassandra
2011 Silver/Black JK

It's never a mannequin!!
https://talkingtruecrime.podbean.com
Marky
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013

Unread post by Marky »

Probable not in the cards for me next year as J and I are heading to Europe next summer. May/June would be impossible anyway. Everything I do needs to be during summer vacation. I'm up for a Moab/Rubicon trip the year after, though. There's also the possibility of renting a Jeep. Based on our last trip to Moab, a stock Jeep would still be pretty amazing out there.
2014-19 Vice President
Other positions: DOE, At-Large
2013 JK Rubicon, 3" lift, 35" tires, lots of armor
Hoodoo Man
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

I am strongly considering a trip out there already for the Jeepster 50th anniversary event the week after ESJ. I might go out a few days before the event and hit the tail end of ESJ.. In the process of gathering parts for a Jeepster Crawler I will be working on D60s already in my yard for it... :) let me know if your flexible about dates... :)

There will be non Jeepsters there as well for sure...
Dates 4/17-4/23 2017
Venue: Old Spanish Trail Arena

http://www.jeepster50.com/
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
ASauer17
BSJ BOD President
Jeep Year: 1998
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by ASauer17 »

I would love to go --seriously -- but I can't drive my TJ as it would take me twice as long to get there! I'd have to trailer, which I don't have.. nor do I have a truck to tow!

I could fly and rent a jeep for 5 days for $1,000 ... haha
98/99 TJ
2023 President
----------------------------------------
2021 Director of Events
2018 Secretary
2016 & 2017 President
2014 & 2015 Secretary
RalphTomaccio
Jeep Year: 2012

Unread post by RalphTomaccio »

Sounds like a Bucket List item for me, but my more short term goal is Rausch Creek. Missed it by just three weeks this year due to my now resolved tire situation.
BlackNBlue-ISH
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005

Unread post by BlackNBlue-ISH »

I likely won't be able to do it early next year. Possibly mid-late summer. It comes down to money and vacation time. As far as location, I'd want to do either, but my current thought would be Moab. My current goals are much shorter term, like fix the jeep and make it reliable (if even possible). I'd be up for a 2018 trip, but planning for it to be a 3 week long trip and making it a long cross country type thing. I've got family scattered all over.
2005 TJ, built and beat accordingly
schwalby
Jeep Year: 2003

Unread post by schwalby »

Jen and I are going to be out there for EJS with the JK. Would be fun to go with the club though. :\
Josh Schwalb
ArticRubi wrote:Remember: poor planning on my part constitutes an emergency on yours.
Hoodoo Man

schwalby wrote:Jen and I are going to be out there for EJS with the JK. Would be fun to go with the club though. :\

maybe I can join you! :bluesbros:

Amanda you may have missed it but there is a trailer with 5 slots or so on a trailer... :music-rockout:
MDSRACING398 wrote:It's been discussed a few times in the last few runs by different people I have talked to and at Rausch too. Is there any interest in going next year? I'm headed out and wouldn't mind going with a group if there is interest. My buddy has a hauler that can carry atleast 5 jeeps maybe 7 depending if grocery getters or not. And I'll probably pull two out. Just seeing if there is interest in going. Thinking May for Moab and mid June/ July for Rubicon and others close by.
1970 Jeepster- stock
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
schwalby
Jeep Year: 2003

Unread post by schwalby »

Voodoo Chile wrote:
schwalby wrote:Jen and I are going to be out there for EJS with the JK. Would be fun to go with the club though. :\

maybe I can join you! :bluesbros:
Definitely a possibility. We are not sure yet if we are having friends drive the Jeep and we fly to save vaca time or if we are going to trailer all the way out.
Josh Schwalb
ArticRubi wrote:Remember: poor planning on my part constitutes an emergency on yours.
ASauer17
BSJ BOD President
Jeep Year: 1998

Unread post by ASauer17 »

OOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!! Room for MY TJ?!?! In a trailer?!?! Don't leave this club -- ever!
98/99 TJ
2023 President
----------------------------------------
2021 Director of Events
2018 Secretary
2016 & 2017 President
2014 & 2015 Secretary
MDSRACING398
Jeep Year: 1985
Jeep Model: CJ7

Unread post by MDSRACING398 »

Did EJS it is a good time just to early in year for me. I'm meeting a bunch of buddies that are getting home from fighting the bad guys in May out there to relax and enjoy life. So date is depending on there return. Rubicon date is flexible have a ceremony to go to on July 4 in San Diego. So just needs to be within week or two of that before or after. Cost about $2000 to take 5 to 7 jeeps out on hauler so split cost only be 400 or so at most. I'm pulling atleast one of mine myself, if i dont take both I can take another would need be two door tho. If I take both of mine I'm leaving Betty out there til July so will have space coming back in May.
Do it right the first time!
Second place is First Loser! Work Harder
Semper Fi
Hoodoo Man

MDSRACING398 wrote:Did EJS it is a good time just to early in year for me. I'm meeting a bunch of buddies that are getting home from fighting the bad guys in May out there to relax and enjoy life. So date is depending on there return. Rubicon date is flexible have a ceremony to go to on July 4 in San Diego. So just needs to be within week or two of that before or after. Cost about $2000 to take 5 to 7 jeeps out on hauler so split cost only be 400 or so at most. I'm pulling atleast one of mine myself, if i dont take both I can take another would need be two door tho. If I take both of mine I'm leaving Betty out there til July so will have space coming back in May.
Good to know. Maybe we can get a trip planed for ESJ time frame or at least drop off and you can store one of your rigs out there for a second trip?

Any chance your buddy would be able to do this for Josh and I if we can find a few other peeps that want to go out for EJS?Thats a hella good deal as Ive seen most of the quotes at double that. Figure my Jeepster is about the length of LJ.... Josh would be bringing a 2 door JK. At that price point it would make a lot of sense to fly out... 8-)

:bluesbros:
1970 Jeepster- stock