what did you do to your Jeep today?

Hoodoo Man
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Re: what did you do to your Jeep today?

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

Frank wrote:Blew up the motor ! There is a whole lot more oil in the pan and a lot less coolant where it supposed to be . GDIT ! FjR68

Noooooo!!!! :-o you have a replacement in mind? Happy to lend a hand and learn if you need it Frank!
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
nhdcoye
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by nhdcoye »

Almost lost my jeep today :-o

92 YJ 6Cyl > 3 " lift, ford 8.8 SOA on XJ springs with Aussie out back, D30 with alloy 30's and ARB up front 4:56. 35 MTR's, 10K Winch, SYE ,traction bar, onBd Air and lots of gently used skids
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Quick , Run to the store and get one of those flags they put on a bicycle on the whip so you can keep track of her ! Engine from Mona is at the machine shop for a make over. Bore 30k , Deck 105k . 40 more ponies in that bad girl. Head was good , blown head gasket ! Switching back to 4.2 head with machine work being done so I can run the correct head gasket and not have this happen again. The pit gets deeper ! FjR68
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member

Unread post by Frank »

Update : ) Yea ! The Block and head checked good ! Now having the good fortune of not having to buy another engine ! I spoke with Jack Clifford (Clifford Performance) And with his suggestions and guidance I bought an engine kit to rebuild the engine to his specs. Bored the cylinders .30k and changed to 1986 pistons as the pin height is lower in the skirt to move the piston up in the bore. Because of that I have .57k taken off the block instead of .110k. The head is shaved .60k and .100k of the valve spring seats. Netting a comp. ratio of 9.8 to 10.2. To be determined at Assembly . For a full 270 H.P. and 360 lbs./ Ft. torque at 3300 rpm. You want V-8 power and more torque than most , This is whats done with only 6 cyls. Look up Clifford Performance or call and talk to him and make you 4.0 come alive ! Just his cam kit will open your eyes. 35 days till SPRING ! I got time. FjR68
84cj
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1984
Jeep Model: CJ7

Unread post by 84cj »

WOW 270 is incredible!

I have a remanufactured motor from Jasper, fuel injected with a mild cam upgrade and a few of Clifford's parts and I'm pushing maybe 120HP. That 4.0 head and grinding really makes up 150 additional HP. CRAZY!

No wonder why you've been looking for stronger axles! What's the weak link gonna be? U-joint in the drive shaft?

Man I would get into a lot of trouble with 270 under my foot, or do I mean get me out of trouble...

I may need to take her for a spin Frank!!!
navy gsm1
Jeep Year: 2007
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by navy gsm1 »

Made A high jack holder for rear roll bar using 2 3 1/2 u bolts cost 10 dollars home depot instead of the 80 quadratec wants for theres..
BlackNBlue-ISH
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by BlackNBlue-ISH »

navy gsm1 wrote:Made A high jack holder for rear roll bar using 2 3 1/2 u bolts cost 10 dollars home depot instead of the 80 quadratec wants for theres..
I was going to do a similar thing using muffler clamps when the weather gets warm again.

Today I'm not sure I even looked at it. I did drive it all weekend and put new fuel in it. Parked it on a snow bank or three.
2005 TJ, built and beat accordingly
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member

Unread post by Frank »

Curtis : Its not so much the HP its the torque your after . I did the 4.0 head swap because I bought a 92 HO Cherokee ,Took what I wanted and sold it . In my mind it was free ! Then came all the machine work and new brackets for the belt drive stuff and on and on. Send him your head (Stock) and a check and he will make it flow like the 4.0 and all your components will bolt back on. His total kit and his head work will net you 260/360 but it will do so at a meager 3300 RPM. Your welcome to ride her , may I make a suggestion , Put some helium in your shoe ! I dont think any one component is the week spot. I havent had any mechanical breakdowns in 11 yrs. If I were to guess , it would be the front axle U-Joints although I havent broken one. You just cant horse it hard while the wheels are turned a lot. Try it , Youll like how it feels ,Knowing its the same engine will blow your mind. Just as yours has a unique sound ,I swear it sounds like a V-Motor. All His products are top quality and he only does 6 cyls. so I would bet he has his stuff together ! Really only the torque number is higher than the Golen Stroker engine , but they have reliability issues. Shows you who makes better components. FjR68
84cj
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1984
Jeep Model: CJ7

Unread post by 84cj »

Maybe a next year winter project!
Hoodoo Man
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

navy gsm1 wrote:Made A high jack holder for rear roll bar using 2 3 1/2 u bolts cost 10 dollars home depot instead of the 80 quadratec wants for theres..

:banana-gotpics: sounds cool!
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
navy gsm1
Jeep Year: 2007
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by navy gsm1 »

had to change abs sensor :angry-cussingblack:
beaker
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2000

Unread post by beaker »

Still under 3ft of snow. Tried to move it early February, got stuck in the deep powder. Looking to get it into the garage to pull the Ox cover and get the internal air shift conversion done. And look at the rear locker.

-mike
Kurt
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by Kurt »

Installed a "new to me" (aka used) Warn XD9000i winch on the TJ & re-spooled the cable.
Waiting for a new roller fairlead to arrive to complete the install.
"Build It, Run It, Break It, Improve It, Repeat!"
NEA Treasurer 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
BSJ Treasurer 2020
beaker
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2000

Unread post by beaker »

Dragged it out of the snow last night. Smelled like some rodents took up residence in it....