Yippee I Drive a Jeep

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
Yipjeep
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Yippee I Drive a Jeep

Unread post by Yipjeep »

Well it is about time I do an introduction. I've been lurking for the past couple months. Hoping to get the application completed soon. My current ride is a 2012 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. The tires are Duratrac 285/70/17 and are sitting on Rugged Ridge alloy wheels with a steel protector that has come in handy keeping rocks from trashing the wheels. I am not a fan of the murder look, so I've used Gecko Green to create accents. The sides of the JKU are protected with LOD rock sliders. I've added a Cobra 75 CB with a Firestik antenna on spare tire mount.

Wife enjoys going out wheeling and scouting new areas. After witnessing another Jeep have to be winched out of a situation, she instructed me to get one added to the Jeep. Taking advantage of a sale I picked up a Superwinch Talon 9.5 and of course it needed (well not really) a bumper to sit on. On the front of Jeep is a JCR mid-width bumper, with the Superwinch sunk in. Haven't used it on the trails yet, but came in handy this winter a couple times when I got Jeep stuck trying to make paths through snow in the yard for my dogs.

I have ordered additional skids and hope to get those added within the next week or two. Want to add a locker to the rear and at the same time upgrade from the 3.21 gears to either 4.56 or 4.88. Hopefully next purchase once I get the savings back up.

Prior to the 2012 JKU I had a 2003 Jeep Wrangler X. My 2012 JKU has seen more offroad action than the TJ did in 9 years. Not sure why I never got into wheeling the TJ, but now I've got the bug and want to get out there as much as possible.

Look forward to seeing you all out in the woods.

Mike (Yipjeep)
Attachments
IMG_4094.jpg
dalsnpals
Jeep Year: 2014

Re: Yippee I Drive a Jeep

Unread post by dalsnpals »

Welcome. Have fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Love the green ! Cant wait to meet you on a trail. Got a great weekend coming up this week. Get that membership in and we wont let it go to waist . Welcome to BSJ ! FjR68
BlackNBlue-ISH
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by BlackNBlue-ISH »

Hey Mike!
2005 TJ, built and beat accordingly
Kodi
Jeep Year: 2004

Unread post by Kodi »

PLEASE tell me you and the wife, don't go out alone, and don't explore illegal trails!???

That being said....welcome to the forum!
DIFFERENT ISN'T ALWAYS BETTER, BUT BETTER IS ALWAYS DIFFERENT"

Dale Dauten
Yipjeep

Unread post by Yipjeep »

Kodi wrote:PLEASE tell me you and the wife, don't go out alone, and don't explore illegal trails!???

That being said....welcome to the forum!
Some of the class VI roads can feel like illegal trails at times. No markings and going through someone's driveway can make exploring feel illegal. Fortunately, when exploring I bring printed maps of the specific town and a copy of the NH class VI factsheet. Wife and I don't go out alone, but she wanted piece of mind so if traveling with another vehicle that didn't have winch we would have one. I am not complaining. The more she gets into off-roading the more mods I can do.
Kodi
Jeep Year: 2004

Unread post by Kodi »

Excellent...great news to read! Thanks for being one of the people keeping it legal!

Hey...I AM a wife too....let her get behind the wheel too. Like I always say, if something happens to you and you can't drive out, she should know how too.
DIFFERENT ISN'T ALWAYS BETTER, BUT BETTER IS ALWAYS DIFFERENT"

Dale Dauten