Rausch Creek May 2014 Pictures

** NO TRAIL NAMES **
Kurt
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Rausch Creek May 2014 Pictures

Unread post by Kurt »

The club held one of it's twice yearly treks to Rausch Creek last week. Dave and I headed down early Wednesday, Jason and Mark arrived later in the evening. Spent Thursday wheeling the South & East properties. Friday & Saturday we headed over to the West property and hit all the blues and also enjoyed some of the black trails an a few of our favorite reds along with playing on Rock Creek a bit. Saturday we did some of the South property and some trails we missed the first time there.
Famous Dave's BBQ was off the charts again this year. :) Spectacular chicken, pulled pork, ribs and steaks. You missed a culinary feast if you didn't attend!

Spotted this Black Racer watching Dave and I play on Rock Creek. Was in one of the trees in the middle of the Creek.

Dave H. at the helm on the Creek

While on the West property Saturday we got hit with a heavy downpour and some gusty winds.
Apparently it was even worse back at the campsite. Rolled into the camping area to find this... :-o

The shower in the foreground WAS set up beside my trailer in the parking lot - LOL

Spent about an hour finding everything scattered all over the campsite :doh:
"Build It, Run It, Break It, Improve It, Repeat!"
NEA Treasurer 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
BSJ Treasurer 2020
nhdcoye
BSJ Member

Re: Rausch Creek May 2014 Pictures

Unread post by nhdcoye »

Nice pics :-) Too bad with the storm however the RC weather has played a few tricks over the years.... :-(
Sounds like good wheeling was enjoyed and since no mention of carnage ....all went well on the trails.
Thanks for sharing
92 YJ 6Cyl > 3 " lift, ford 8.8 SOA on XJ springs with Aussie out back, D30 with alloy 30's and ARB up front 4:56. 35 MTR's, 10K Winch, SYE ,traction bar, onBd Air and lots of gently used skids
jquader
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2008
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by jquader »

Nothing major. I lost my rear shocks. Mark now has an empty rear diff and dead steering stabilizer.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
BSJ Secretary 2019, 2013, 2012 - DOT 2015 - DOE 2017, 2016

I wonder what's on the other side.
Marky
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013

Unread post by Marky »

Upgrades!!!

Sent from my stupid iThingy using Tapatalk.
2014-19 Vice President
Other positions: DOE, At-Large
2013 JK Rubicon, 3" lift, 35" tires, lots of armor
Kurt
BSJ Member

Unread post by Kurt »

jquader wrote:... Mark now has an empty rear diff ....
That's not good... :-o
BSJ Treasurer 2020
Marky
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013

Unread post by Marky »

Kurt wrote:
jquader wrote:... Mark now has an empty rear diff ....
That's not good... :-o
I managed to curl the edge of the diff cover so I'm going to replace it with a heavier one. It made it home and it was still leaking in the garage, so it's not a fast leak, but I'm pretty sure it's empty now. The steering stabilizer separated from the bushing so it's only attached at one end. Apparently the rest of the steering is in good condition because J didn't even know the stabilizer wasn't connected on the way home. Parts are on their way... We'll have her back on her feet real soon!
2014-19 Vice President
Other positions: DOE, At-Large
2013 JK Rubicon, 3" lift, 35" tires, lots of armor
Kerri
Jeep Year: 2011

Unread post by Kerri »

Sounds like you had a great time in spite of the weather! :dance: can someone explain what the trail colors mean. I know they mean difficulty but other than green ( which seems obvious) how many are there and what does each mean. Sorry if this is someplace else I haven't seen yet. :doh:
"Then don't do that"
Kurt
BSJ Member

Unread post by Kurt »

Kerri

Rausch Creek uses several colors to indicate the relative trail difficulty. In increasing order of difficulty..
Green = Very easy, basically a dirt road with occasional smallish rocks and possibly standing water. Stock Jeep friendly.
Blue = Some small to moderate rocks, some off camber and possibly standing water. Can be done with a stock-ish Jeep with some careful line selection
Blue/Black = Moderate difficulty with small to moderate rocks, some off camber doable with 32's, a locker would help
Black = Difficult with moderate sized rocks, water, off camber (33-35's and locker(s) needed)
Red = Extremely difficult, large rocks, ledges, extreme off camber (35" & up, lockers & a winch) Vehicle damage and breakage may occur.

Here is a link to the trail maps and listing of the trails at Rausch ...
http://rc4x4.org/trail-system/
BSJ Treasurer 2020
IronTortoise
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1994

Unread post by IronTortoise »

Kerri wrote:Sounds like you had a great time in spite of the weather! :dance: can someone explain what the trail colors mean. I know they mean difficulty but other than green ( which seems obvious) how many are there and what does each mean. Sorry if this is someplace else I haven't seen yet. :doh:
Kerri,
There are 5 basic trail classifications at Rausch Creek. They are in order of difficulty Green,Blue,Blue-Black,Black and Red.
Your Jeep appears to be mostly stock. Rausch Creek is a great location for someone with a jeep like yours to go wheeling as they have miles of green trails available which are perfect for the newer wheeler. with a little experience blues would be fine for you as well. I would recommend some kind of rocker protection. Many trails also offer some additional descriptions as well such as off-camber, rocky, pointy rocks, ect
Kerri

Unread post by Kerri »

Thanks! Yea, the only mod I have made is tires, and it turns out I could have made a better choice there so I am not doing anything without some more education! I was sorry to have missed the jeep 101. But, I joined and am going to do what I can to make some trips and become jeep educated. :dance:
"Then don't do that"
DaveP
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2012

Unread post by DaveP »

Here are some of the pictures I took during the trip:

Kurt attempting a wet "Shoot the Moon"

My rig did all right on her first trip to Rausch.

Some inclement weather left a surprise at the campsite:

Kerri

Unread post by Kerri »

Thanks for sharing, that looked like a blast!
"Then don't do that"
IronTortoise
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1994

Unread post by IronTortoise »

Kerri wrote:Thanks! Yea, the only mod I have made is tires, and it turns out I could have made a better choice there so I am not doing anything without some more education! I was sorry to have missed the jeep 101. But, I joined and am going to do what I can to make some trips and become jeep educated. :dance:
Kerri, Check out my post in the members only events section. There is a good run coming up on July 26-27 that would be a good choice for you