New from Somerville

New to BSJ? We're glad to have you! Drop a line and introduce yourself to everyone here!
** NO TRAIL NAMES **

Moderator: Kurt

Forum rules
Please post a pic of your jeep.

Tell us about the mods you have made.

Tell us about the mods you hope to make in the future.

How long have you been a member of Baystate?

How long have you been offroading?

Is this your first jeep?

AND REMEMBER ** NO TRAIL NAMES **
ZAEDOCK
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Re: New from Somerville

Unread post by ZAEDOCK »

Getting back to Mass emissions...

If the OBDII wiring is set up correctly, the inspector really won't even know (or care) what engine is under the hood, as long as when he plugs in the state poopty checker, it reads OK, ready, with no codes. If the street racer rice rods can get away with stuffing Acura V6's in Civics, then what the heck.
Carl McFly wrote:X2, I agree with Joe. And not just because he's man candy
BSJ President 2003 - 2005
ArticRubi
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2008
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by ArticRubi »

Looks like I need to price an LS7....that also being said, this is about a 2-year-from-now upgrade. I am still a little bit hesitant to do an LS swap vs a Hemi. I've always been a Chevy guy: LS1 Camaro, S10 drag truck with a 400 small block, 2500 duramax....but there is something a bit blasphemous about dropping a SBC into a Jeep, even though its been done ad nauseum in the CJ's. Other concern I have is electronics for the LS7, while the 5.3 and 6.0 LS' have been done, still haven't seen a 7 dropped in one. I'm also thinking the 6.7 Hemi is a bit stronger, LS7 is I think 505 flywheel horsepower, 6.7 is 550. I know at that stage were're talking horseshoes and hand grenades. Oh well, lots of time to think about it.

The real meat and potatoes of the build over the next year is getting armor fabbed up and locating some 60's to start building. Thanks for your input Zaedock.
ArticRubi

Unread post by ArticRubi »

Wow, actually got around to putting my application in the mail today. Envelopes, stamps, didn't realize things like that existed :) I'm just glad there was a Pay-Pal option 'cause I haven't had a checkbook in years! :confusion-helpsos:
jquader

Unread post by jquader »

ArticRubi wrote:Wow, actually got around to putting my application in the mail today. Envelopes, stamps, didn't realize things like that existed :) I'm just glad there was a Pay-Pal option 'cause I haven't had a checkbook in years! :confusion-helpsos:
Got it. As soon as the background and drug tests pass we'll be checking your credit scores and references to make a final decision sometime in October.
BSJ Secretary 2019, 2013, 2012 - DOT 2015 - DOE 2017, 2016

I wonder what's on the other side.
ZAEDOCK
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by ZAEDOCK »

:lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW, welcome to the club :obscene-birdiedoublered:
Carl McFly wrote:X2, I agree with Joe. And not just because he's man candy
BSJ President 2003 - 2005