While in Moab...

Place holder for discussion/planing 2012 Moab trip
Hoodoo Man
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

While in Moab...

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

I'm loosing some traction with the Mrs on the trip a bit. I know last trip there were plans to do other site seeing things while in the area and this trip is a bit longer. Does anyone have a sense of how many days people will be wheeling and what other site seeing things there are to do in the area. I recall white water rafting was an option and there are some other attractions. Help me sell the wife on this as a non wheeling trip please!
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
DOUG
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2020
Jeep Model: JT Gladiator

Re: While in Moab...

Unread post by DOUG »

Joliet Jake Blues wrote:I'm loosing some traction with the Mrs on the trip a bit. I know last trip there were plans to do other site seeing things while in the area and this trip is a bit longer. Does anyone have a sense of how many days people will be wheeling and what other site seeing things there are to do in the area. I recall white water rafting was an option and there are some other attractions. Help me sell the wife on this as a non wheeling trip please!
There is Dead Horse Point, Canyonlands NP, Arches NP, a couple of local Ghost Towns, etc...

Probably wheel 5 or 6 days, then see what we missed last time. More of Arches NP comes to mind, we barely scratched the surface when we were there.
2022 Gladiator Rubicon
DDewar53
Jeep Year: 1990
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Re: While in Moab...

Unread post by DDewar53 »

Donna's and my itinerary from last trip:

Monday - Donna and I wheeled with the group.
Tuesday - Donna and I wheeled with the group.
Wednesday - I rode along with Joe. Donna and Pat took my Jeep and went off sightseeing and shopping.
Thursday - Some went wheeling, some went exploring. Donna and I went to a ghost town, then to Dead Horse State Park. Stopped at Arches National Park too, ran into Doug & Kelly and Jason & Mark there.
Friday - Donna and I wheeled with the group. Most of the guys who wheeled on Thursday took the day off and did stuff in town, or explored.

Plenty of stuff to do, while still getting in a lot of great wheeling.
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert A. Heinlein
Keith
Jeep Year: 2003
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

While in Moab...

Unread post by Keith »

Im most likely wheeling mon/tues/thrs/fri... With a rest on Wednesday. Id love to check out canyonlands for some hiking, or do some rafting - although water levels may be pretty low. Of course.... May not be able to stay away from the trail when it comes down to it. I'll need to be back in MSP Sunday night, so might have to leave Saturday if I'm doing all the driving back alone.
2003 Silver TJ Sport, 5.5” Clayton LA, MetalCloak'd, 1” BL, 35” Mudgrapplers, 17” AEV Pintlers, Superwinch EPi9.0, Teraflex SS SYE & Tom Woods d/s, 4.56’s, OX, Herc’d, Clayton skids, Chromolys, Currie HD, CO2 & a bunch of other goodies...