Best Buy Nashua NH EPIC fail....

Hoodoo Man
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

We all know customer service tyically isnt what it used to be but lately I am finding myself hugely disapointed in Best Buy specifically the Nashua location. Several years ago I bought a fairly expensive Cannon Rebel digital camera with an extended service contract. when the standard lense stopped auto focusing I brought it into Best Buy for them to look at it. The friendly Geek Squad member had no clue at all was kind of rude saying "do I look like I know how to fix a camera" and informed me the camera body and lense needed to be shipped out for repair. We should have it back to you in 2-3 weeks. :roll: 4 weeks went by and no word back from the store but I did get an email or two saying that they are lookign at the camera now. I finaly called and was told it was not fixable and we "should have called you." please come in and we will set you up with a repalcement camera at no charge. I went in and the replacement model was $50 dollars more than the originall purchase price and they wanted me to pay the differnce, on a replacement camera they refused to fix which I had a service contract on... :naughty: I got them to waive that fee after patiently waiting an hour for the CSR to talk to the manager and get the transaction approved. :roll:

Next i tried to buy an iPhone 4Gs from them. went in the day that you could start pre-ordering them. Got an email the day before release saying my item was reserved and please wait until we contact you to pick it up.. :doh: :snooty: A few days went by and I figured OK they must have it and forgot to call me so I went in and found out they dont have it. Then this past friday I got the following email:
Dear Valued Customer,

We know that you are excited to get your phone and we are working very hard to get you the specific iPhone model that you pre-ordered as quickly as we can. While there are inventory constraints across the marketplace, our complete focus is on fulfilling your order, and we expect to fulfill all iPhone Pre-Orders within the next 21 days. We thank you for your patience and apologize for the inconvenience.

Again, please know that we are doing everything we can to get you the iPhone you ordered and we will fulfill all pre-orders in the order taken. As a reminder, you will receive a confirmation email when your iPhone has arrived with a coupon for a free set of iFrogz earbuds redeemable when you come in to purchase your phone.

If you have any questions, please contact your local Best Buy or Best Buy Mobile store.

Sincerely,

Best Buy
I am modertely upset by the fact that I pre-ordered the phone put in a $50 deposit and they still haven't delivered. :angry-cussingblack: when I went in and asked them if Id have better luck going to Apple the sales jerk err clerk said it would be an even longer wait as Im ahead of all of the other people waiting for phone from them..

Well I called the apple store, they told me to go online after 9pm and I could pick up my new iPhone the next day between 8am and 6pm. I went online and sure enough i am the proud owner of a new iPhone. Apple FTW!!! :happy-jumpeveryone:

best buy, your prices are meh, your service is suckee and you lied to and mislead me... :hand: Epic fail lately in my book... thanks for reading my rant and buyer be leery... :bluesbros: Its probably cheaper in the long run to spend a little money on amazon prime and forget about long lines and bad service from Bozo Buy...
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
nostaw

Unread post by nostaw »

That does suck Jeff!

All the big box stores suck... I have a horror story from Sears about a fridge (actually, 2 fridges)... Someone will have a story about any/all of them if you ask around. I just hate 'em all equally!

JW
schwalby
Jeep Year: 2003
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Re: Best Buy Nashua NH EPIC fail....

Unread post by schwalby »

I knew the issue as soon as I read the thread title, Nashua. You could never pay me enough to shop there, I hate driving thru Nashua let alone stop. I swear they have a city ordinance that all customer service must suck and no employee can be hired unless the flunked out of high school. I have never heard anything good about any store that is there. Home Depot, Staples, Babies R Us, Best Buy... They all suck.
Josh Schwalb
ArticRubi wrote:Remember: poor planning on my part constitutes an emergency on yours.
Hoodoo Man

schwalby wrote: I have never heard anything good about any store that is there. Home Depot, Staples, Babies R Us, Best Buy... They all suck.
Amen that Josh, downside for me is that they are tax free and 15minutes away... :doh:

the one good thing i can say that people may not be aware of is that Best Buy now for FREE recycle computers, monitors, printers and CRT TVs etc. For some items you need to pay a ten dollar "fee" but they give you a 10 dollar gift card in exchange. Ive dumped 3 old scanner copiers faxes and or printers and an old LCD monitor that took a bath when my basemsent flooded all for free. My town charges a ten dollar fee for those items so that is pretty nice... :text-welcomewave:
1970 Jeepster- stock
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
Scott
Jeep Year: 2000
Jeep Model: XJ Cherokee

Unread post by Scott »

My brother is a Magnolia (best buys "high end") installer, he's worked there for years. Even he hates the sales people. :angry-cussingblack: He says they up-sell so much crap to people, stuff they don't even need.

Moral of the story, do research on the item wanted and go knowing exactly what you want w/o having to ask questions.
When I bought my TV from best buy, the sales geek tried to sell me a bunch of crap with it. I reminded him of who my brother was :hand: ... he said "Oh, I forgot, sorry" and wrung up the TV.

Also, I would never buy a camera from a big box. :naughty: I go to a small mom-n-pop camera store in Bristol RI. If my camera breaks (like it did when I dropped a rock on it :doh: ) he gives me a loaner while mine is being fixed. I've also gotten used lenses there at half the price of new, and there guaranteed to work like new. :handgestures-thumbupright:
dizilbdog
Jeep Year: 1999
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by dizilbdog »

That sucks there really is a lack of great electronic stores around here. Out west I know there is Fry's and some other good ones.
Hoodoo Man

:roll: Just a quick update. Still no word on my iPhone from these folks... :roll:
1970 Jeepster- stock
Hoodoo Man

Oh my phone is ready for pickup :clap:
1970 Jeepster- stock