Wheeling on the 11th?

You can talk about anything here
Northshore Jeeper
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1996
Jeep Model: XJ Cherokee

Wheeling on the 11th?

Unread post by Northshore Jeeper »

I have my father coming up here from Florida and he wants me to take him to do a little wheeling. We are unable to make the run on the 12th and the only day we would be able to get out there is the 11th. I would really like to bring him up to the place were we had a run on 5-21. Is it possible to get permission for 2 vehicals (myself and another BSJ member) to wheel there that day? If so who would i contact? My father doenst travel up this way much and I would really like to bring him out wheeling. However I am the type of person who would not wheel anywhere (that is not public)without getting permisson first.
mightymeglet
Jeep Model: XK Commander

Re: Wheeling on the 11th?

Unread post by mightymeglet »

Just an FYI but the poker run is that day.

http://forum.baystatejeepers.com/viewto ... =18&t=1543 :)
Account no longer in use.
Northshore Jeeper

Ya I know that, I am looking to do a little wheeling without so many people. Ya know kinda quiet and low key. However I wouldnt object to other club members joining us? (if it actually happens)
mightymeglet

I'm busy that day....sort of. I have 3 things I want to do, there's a knitting thing near me, the poker run and the highway clean. I'll probably be knitting because I don't want to wheel my Jeep with the 30's on and my brakes are becoming un trust worthy and the thought of 33's and being cut of with a biker leaves me with the bad image of a huge dent in my TJ and a dead biker who cant pay to fix my dent.
Hoodoo Man
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

this type of thead is best had in the members only section. the property run on the 21st you mention is private land, it is booked by another club for use on the 11th, your best bet is the poker run Meg mentioned or you could try the land at the Grandview in Jaffery where the go topless was held. he has a pay to play system in place and can act as a guide and spotter. Sorry....

Jeff
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
Northshore Jeeper

Voodoo Chile wrote:this type of thead is best had in the members only section. the property run on the 21st you mention is private land, it is booked by another club for use on the 11th, your best bet is the poker run Meg mentioned or you could try the land at the Grandview in Jaffery where the go topless was held. he has a pay to play system in place and can act as a guide and spotter. Sorry....

Jeff
I wasn't sure were to post it (that's why I mentioned date and not trail name)

What kind of trails (difficulty ) will the poker run be on? I was looking for something pretty moderate and challenging.

Any idea what the costs are at Grand-view? I did enjoy GTD (moderate trail) and would be looking for something like that or even harder.

No need to be sorry that's why I asked (like I said in my previous post I wouldn't go somewhere unless it was public or private with permission)
mightymeglet

The poker run is I think easy. I've been on two but never drove. Its a get people in stock rigs out into the woods and show that they can legally wheel run. Can't break their rig day one.
But its a fun run, I do remember laughing quite a bit in Tim's Jeep when I rode in it.
ChrisD
Jeep Year: 2003
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by ChrisD »

I have worked the poker run several times now. If the ground is wet, it makes for a fun time (but that is with any run). The last section there are some more aggressive spots.
Hoodoo Man
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

you would need to contact the Grandview yourself to see if he has a minimum group size and what he'd be charging. I havent had any contact with this venue myself but know he is trying to get the place used more...
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
Northshore Jeeper

I shot them an email the other day I got a reply from a Scott Mitchell and unfortantly they have a private event that day. He did tell me that they have many days open throughout the summer and that at GTD we only saw about 5-8% of his trails.
88jeepxj
Jeep Year: 1999

Unread post by 88jeepxj »

I'd be interested in seeing the other 90%!