Joe's -> NexTerra Memorial Run

** NO TRAIL NAMES **
ZAEDOCK
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Joe's -> NexTerra Memorial Run

Unread post by ZAEDOCK »

Man, what a great weekend! Friday was my flex day, which made it nice and long. No RAIN!!! Except during our parade Monday AM, but we Scouts took it in stride.

Yard work, beer, BBQ food, playing with the kids,....it was awesome. Oh, and my pool is open! Should be ready to go in a day or two.

On Saturday, I had a chance to wheel with my good friends from the North East XTerra Club (NexTerra) out at my local private land. They're a great bunch of folks and a good time was had by all.
Angie and Alex rode along too, which made it that much better. I made some chili for lunch and we had a cookout at the field while we were chillaxing.
Dubbed "Wheeling for Warriors", this run was also a fund raiser for the Wounded Warrior Project. http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
The days donation total came in at just over $250.00!!! :music-rockout:
I know that if my father had this resource for support after Vietnam, my entire family's lives would have been much better.

Here are a few pics/vids that some of the NexTerra members put up. It's refreshing to wheel with other makes of rigs on the trail besides Jeeps or buggies.

Here's a video one of the members put together.

I finally made that rock slab climb near where Carl blew a bead back in the winter. Angie has some pics from the bottom of the hill that really show the contour.

A few pictures:

My friend Ernie and I going to check out the condition of a hill climb while everyone finished eating.

There is some trail damage that was recently done to what I call the "Pine Tree Hill Climb". Stay tuned for a work day to repair this hill, make a bridge for the stream crossing, and do some more cutting.
I think we might even be able to turn this into an overnighter with a night run.
Carl McFly wrote:X2, I agree with Joe. And not just because he's man candy
BSJ President 2003 - 2005
Widow Maker
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1997
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Re: Joe's -> NexTerra Memorial Run

Unread post by Widow Maker »

Sounds good Joe - I think Rob wants to use his chain saw that's been sitting idle in the shed!
DDewar53
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1990
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Re: Joe's -> NexTerra Memorial Run

Unread post by DDewar53 »

When the music on the video started, I thought it was Rushlow Harris' "Bagpipes Cryin' ". That video always brings a tear...

[youtube][/youtube]
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert A. Heinlein