Rausch Creek trip 11/4-11/6 with CFAC-OR

** NO TRAIL NAMES **
Hoodoo Man
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Rausch Creek trip 11/4-11/6 with CFAC-OR

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

A small group from Crawling For A Cure Offroad went down to Rausch last weekend. Got to test out the updates on the JKU. Got to say I am very impressed with how well it did. The build worked really well with the LCG stance and 35s was able to complete a lot of the same trails with the JKU open/ open with the same 35" tires off of my TJ that was lock lock. Really stable overall but did lift a wheel a few times for sure. :

my god it looks like a RC Jeep in this pic.

much to my delight my wife Kris took the wheel on a few trails. She hasn't driven the Jeep offroad much in the past few years. May need to keep my TJ rubicon after all. :lol:

It was a nice trip with a pair of built XJs on 35s and 37s with me. Covered a lot of ground and had the best of both worlds with meals at Rausch and sleeping at the hotel.

my dogs had the time of their life too.

wheeled until just dark two of the 3 days we were there.

me doing Stevie Wonder.
IImage
also got a very nice surprise cake from my friends.

IMG_5729_zpsqckabnjm.jpg

I have a ways to go to catch up with this kind of flex.
otobucket.com/albums/ae96/jpcamb/2016%201104%20CFAC%20OR%20Rausch%20Trip/IMG_5670_zpsutmabgjc.jpg[/img][/url]

WTH is it with this jeep and trees/stumps... :lol:

[url=http://s961.photobucket.com/user/jpcamb ... c.jpg.html][img]http://i961.ph
We had such little carnage in three days its almost laughable. my steering stabilizer is fubar as the tech in the alignment shop failed to tighten it when adjusting the alignment. Sadly its a Old Man Emu stabilizer only a month or so old. The Synergy tie rood took a fair amount of abuse. As there isn't a standard adjustment of the sleeve on the Synergy, so I'm pretty sure Sullivan Tire dropped the ball as on the third day of wheeling. the stabilizer was off its nut and hanging. Got a small crease in the upper door on the passengers side and my friend Mike in the blue XJ de-arched his springs going over yellow jacket ridge on the last day.

Not bad for 3 days of hitting the trails... Did a bunch of black trails because they matter (trail 5, 8, yellow Jacket) and a lot of blues as well.(4, D, J1, J2 12, 12B Crawlers Ridge and a few others by the comp course that are new blue blacks....)
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
BlackNBlue-ISH
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Re: Rausch Creek trip 11/4-11/6 with CFAC-OR

Unread post by BlackNBlue-ISH »

Great write up Jeff! Happy Birthday and glad you had a good time!
2005 TJ, built and beat accordingly
pirahnah3
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1997
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Re: Rausch Creek trip 11/4-11/6 with CFAC-OR

Unread post by pirahnah3 »

Happy B-Day, glad you had a great time out there on the trails and got to enjoy your jeep the way she was meant to be enjoyed.
'97 thats been chopped up and put back together, and ready to take on the trails.