Kudos to Smittybuilt

RalphTomaccio
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2012
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Kudos to Smittybuilt

Unread post by RalphTomaccio »

Back on our first trip to Vermont Badlands and in the process of doing a 6 point turn on a narrow hillside trail, I hit a tree and bent my license plate bracket on my roller fairlead. I contacted Smittybuilt hoping to obtain a new clamp, then straightening out the rest myself. I expected just a new clamp with a willingness on my part to pay for it. When they said they were sending the parts, I guessed that they were doing it at "no charge" since no cost was mentioned and felt grateful. Today I received a box with the "parts" and found a whole new license plate bracket. There are still some good companies out there that practice great customer service.

What a pleasant surprise!

pirahnah3
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1997
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Re: Kudos to Smittybuilt

Unread post by pirahnah3 »

Glad to hear a company stood behind their product. Its amazing what can happen when you just simply ask nicely for some help.
'97 thats been chopped up and put back together, and ready to take on the trails.
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

If it was explained what happened to it , they were off the hook . They are just a great Co. to deal with . Happy for you Ralph FjR68
RalphTomaccio
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2012
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by RalphTomaccio »

Frank wrote:If it was explained what happened to it , they were off the hook . They are just a great Co. to deal with . Happy for you Ralph FjR68
Yep, I fully explained how it happened. Even sent the photo in the first post so they can see the clamp being referred to. They were off the hook since there was no way a bent bracket could be their fault. But, hey, I've been lucky lately.