Auto Rust Technicians

Carl McFly
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2000
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Auto Rust Technicians

Unread post by Carl McFly »

Maybe you've heard of Safe-T-Cap frame repair kits but did you know Auto Rust Technicians, out of Rhode Island, makes them? And frame repairs is all they do? All day, every day

If you have champagne taste and a beer budget, having them do the work probably isn't in the cards. I bought frame kits for both sides of my TJ but really looking at what was involved, decided I was in over my head. So I got an estimate from the experts at ART. They're not cheap but for the time they put into my rig the price was appropriate. Looking at the finished product, I'm very happy with the quality of their work. They gave me a written estimate in about 20 minutes and they came in at the price point we agreed to, even with a little extra work that was needed

My frame was in really, really bad shape. Multiple patches over the years meant I was living on borrowed time. They cut out all the rot (and patches) and welded in 3/4 rails, attaching to what was left of the factory frame. Fixed body mounts and a cross member and a section of floor

The frame was so bad, I had two options: Scrap my rig for parts, or have it repaired professionally. Either way my wallet takes a hit but not wanting to start over on a new build (or ditch wheeling :shock: ), I had it repaired by ART and I'm glad I did. If your rig needs frame repair, you should consider ART

https://www.autorust.com/
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Re: Auto Rust Technicians

Unread post by Frank »

Do you know if they offer to coat the inside of the frame to retard or resist rusting in the future ? FjR68