Floor covering

Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Floor covering

Unread post by Frank »

I just looked at a fairly new product for replacing auto carpet or using bed liner. Its called bedrug . Two types of material. The cool part is its custom cut to fit like stock carpet. Made for specific models of JEEP ! Check it out at bedrug.com FjR68
schwalby
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2003
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Re: Floor covering

Unread post by schwalby »

I saw this at SEMA in a JK. It did fit well but doesn't look like it will stay down as well as a factory carpet. I think the rug will lift up on the edges. Also it is made of plastic and won't let water through which is good in a truck bed IMO but not really good in a Jeep. You will need to either scoop the water out or lift it to drain the water which seems to defeat its purpose. Lastly the samples they have on hand you could pull pieces of the plastic off of the rug, the sales guy we were talking with actually pulled some out to show us it was plastic.

Just my 2 cents.

This is the Jeep it was in. Other then the rims it was a pretty nice looking Jeep. The camo paint job was done with a new Line-X product they plan on release next summer or so.

Josh Schwalb
ArticRubi wrote:Remember: poor planning on my part constitutes an emergency on yours.
mightymeglet
Jeep Model: XK Commander

Unread post by mightymeglet »

Lol and I think I posted it to instagram

sent from my gs4
Account no longer in use.
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

The one I liked was a very dense poly something or other like a school gym mat. It drained water and was cut to fit. It was very thin like factory carpet or a rubber mat. I thought it would be something to share. FjR68
nostaw

Unread post by nostaw »

I think Lou has a bedrug in his Dodge instead of bed liner.
mrfreakinwhite
Jeep Year: 1998
Jeep Model: XJ Cherokee

Unread post by mrfreakinwhite »

There's two versions of bed rug. The Bed Rug that they DO make to fit Jeep interiors, and they make a carpet that looks more like carpet, but does have similar composition.

My XJ is a very different animal than a CJ, but...
Mine came without carpet, had clean floors with factory paint, sealed pretty good there for three months, until I wheeled it.
It was SO HOT inside it was unbearable on the road.
I added the Atlas and the larger hole in the floor, and had this draft that would literally curl the hair on my leg and made it smell like burnt hair on the highway.
I used some closed foam cell, double sided, aluminum backed heat and audio insulation from e-bay (10x4 roll) and it covered the whole interior. Then I used a nice used XJ carpet with the factory insulation backing still attached.

And I have filled it with water by accident.

It did take longer to drain but it did drain. I had to wedge a little stick in the drain holes to keep them open, but it worked. Carpet is dry and doesn't stink. It did smell for a couple days, but it's ok.

Coming full circle to make some kind of point, I was looking at bed rug to replace my carpet if it was ruined.