Dr Steves Transmission in Manchester NH

nhdcoye
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Dr Steves Transmission in Manchester NH

Unread post by nhdcoye »

So I finally decided to pull the trigger and get my 4L80E transmission rebuilt to get 4'th/overdrive back in the hopes of improving my 8 MPG when towing. :-o
After searching the web,Yellow pages and traditional shops I decided on a local shop in Manchester NH located next store to Brothers restaurant which I frequent.
Stopped in one day and ended up speaking with the owner , Steve French who it turns outs sponsors a local Jeep mud racer named the Pit Viper. He provides the 4L80E which is behind a built Chevy 6 liter and has not had a transmission failure in the 3 years it's been installed. I figured he can't be all that bad if he sponsors a Jeep :-D

Steve was willing to provide me with a 2 year , 24K warranty and allowed me to drop off my transmission saving $$ on removal and installation.The work only took 2 days for a complete tear down and master overhaul kit which included new bands clutches, clutch drum( which is what was broken in mine),solenoids, rebuilt torque converter and larger (reamed out) valve body bushing and valve. The transmission came with the torque filled and the pump primed.
His price was less that the best price on line ( even with out the shipping costs) and much cheaper than the traditional repair shops. I'm very happy with his work / price and would highly recommend him to those in need of transmission work.

92 YJ 6Cyl > 3 " lift, ford 8.8 SOA on XJ springs with Aussie out back, D30 with alloy 30's and ARB up front 4:56. 35 MTR's, 10K Winch, SYE ,traction bar, onBd Air and lots of gently used skids