CB radio

Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Re: CB radio

Unread post by Frank »

Whats all this talk about Carpet ? I thought these were JEEPS were talkin about . FjR68
ImNotCassie
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2011
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by ImNotCassie »

:lol: @Frank
-Cassandra
2011 Silver/Black JK

It's never a mannequin!!
https://talkingtruecrime.podbean.com
pirahnah3
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1997
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by pirahnah3 »

Frank wrote:Whats all this talk about Carpet ? I thought these were JEEPS were talkin about . FjR68
Well Frank, some of us like having it in there. Especially if you can easily power wash it, it helps with sound and whatnot for those of us that still drive them around town regularly not just on the trails.
'97 thats been chopped up and put back together, and ready to take on the trails.
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

What are you sayin Jim ? I drive Mona all over the place . Unless you are more than 1.5 hours I drive her to the runs , all two of them over here. Sound ? I have a radio , it sounds great ! Next your gonna want intermittent wipers and cruise control ! FjR68
pirahnah3
BSJ Member

Well yeah, we all want the world right.
'97 thats been chopped up and put back together, and ready to take on the trails.
DaThug
BOD and Trails Committee Member
Jeep Year: 2016

Unread post by DaThug »

My CB is mounting in the center console so you don't see it AT all. I don't like things showing in case someone tries to find a reason to strip my Jeep!!

CB antenna is mounted to my rear bumper- legit drilled thru my bumper. I don't have a spare tire mount. The cable runs under the carpet to the back of the jeep
I decided to mount in the passenger area against the center console, ordered a quick release mount so i can pull it out when not in use or out hiking/biking.

My jeep was violated in the Walmart parking lot and I was beyond calming. They took my red stem valve covers and my red antenna. The next day I bought a full out alarm system with proximity alarm so if the top is down and someone sticks an arm in, its going off. People suck.
pirahnah3
BSJ Member

Well I wouldnt say people suck, but Thieves suck, I say we take the advice of some ancestors and start cutting off their hands.
ImNotCassie
Jeep Year: 2011

Unread post by ImNotCassie »

She's right. People suck. I got the cobra 75 just for that reason. I am in Lowell ... lots of Scumbags here so I take it out after every run.
-Cassandra
2011 Silver/Black JK

It's never a mannequin!!
https://talkingtruecrime.podbean.com
ASauer17
BSJ BOD President
Jeep Year: 1998

Unread post by ASauer17 »

I had a cage alarm because I was living in Hartford CT for a few years. It got ripped out when I did my tub swap. But it was worth it.

I have my CB mounted in the lockable center console.
98/99 TJ
2023 President
----------------------------------------
2021 Director of Events
2018 Secretary
2016 & 2017 President
2014 & 2015 Secretary
ThundahBeagle
Jeep Year: 1999
Jeep Model: WJ

Unread post by ThundahBeagle »

Old thread, I know. But...we are all at home anyway, so...

I have yet to mount a CB in my WJ, but I had one in my last K5 Blazer and I have one in my GMC Sierra. I usually try to get one with the Weather feature and I personally like the older, classic metallic look, so I have a Cobra 25 with weather that I just took out of the Sierra and intend on placing into the WJ. I have another Cobra 29 LTX peaked and tuned, with USB and LSB. No weather on that one, so I just turn on my little handheld Cobra MicroTalk GMRS/FRS and switch that to weather.

While I havent gone HAM yet, I am sort of thinking about it
Hoodoo Man
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

Just so you know the club has switched over to a handheld model of radio and no longer uses CBs. Its the Baofeng uv5 and supports HAM radio but we do not use those channels. Nice little radios with decent range and only about 30 bucks on Amazon.
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
JeepAddict
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2016

Unread post by JeepAddict »

I have a Mobile CB & FRS hardwired. The external antennas really increase the range. I have the club portables for close range and if I hop out. Easy access, easy wiring. Works well for what I do.
Attachments
20200513_203916.jpg
20200513_203909.jpg
Chrome? Never heard of it.
BlackKnight
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013

Unread post by BlackKnight »

I went with a Cobra Handheld, Slapped a Mic that operates as a Speaker also, and I connect it into a wired antenna that follows over the top of the roll bars and to the tailgate.
--
BlackKnight - Commando Green '13 JKU w/EVO (R Fascia w/D's, ProSeries Front, Skids, 4" Lift) Powerstop z36 kit, 38" Patagonia MTss, PoisonSpyder Diff Armor, SuperWinch w/factor55 Prolink, FOX 2.0 shocks. JKS Track Bars