Sullivan Tire, Hanover

COH143
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 1993
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Sullivan Tire, Hanover

Unread post by COH143 »

So, Back in August 2011 I bought 5 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R Kevlar 35X12.5X15 tires at Sullivan tire in Hanover. The manager, Eric, is a Jeep guy and has a black TJ Rubi with some mods. We of course talked Jeep mods. At checkout he offered me the tire protection plan which came to $140 for the 5 tires. I don't ever buy these plans. Told him I had ruined two Truxus by cutting the sidewalls off road and would his plan cover that as that would likely happen again, and he said yes.

Couple of weeks ago I cut a sidewall on one of my Wrangler MT/R's in my back yard. Called Sullivan Tire and ordered a new tire and went in this morning to get it mounted, etc. At check my new $240 tire cost me $35 for the renewed tire protection plan. That's it.

Don't know if they are doing their insurance plan correctly but it works for me. :banana-guitar:
nhdcoye
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992

Re: Sullivan Tire, Hanover

Unread post by nhdcoye »

Sweet deal.. I wonder if they know my track record with sidewalls :
I'd be willing to drive to Hanover to purchase and get replacements..
92 YJ 6Cyl > 3 " lift, ford 8.8 SOA on XJ springs with Aussie out back, D30 with alloy 30's and ARB up front 4:56. 35 MTR's, 10K Winch, SYE ,traction bar, onBd Air and lots of gently used skids
DDewar53
Jeep Year: 1990

Unread post by DDewar53 »

They're good people down there. My kid brother had his Caddie in there for some kind of service, don't remember what it was. They lost a hubcap, but he didn't notice until the next day. Went back and the guy never asked a question, just listened to his story, apologized, and called Cadillac on the spot to order him a new hubcap. Pretty good service, if you ask me.
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert A. Heinlein
mark2215
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: LJ Wrangler

Unread post by mark2215 »

I'm glad I just found this tread. I was trying to decide if I should get the protection plan or not. I asked the sales guy and he told me anything was covered but I wasn't sure if this was true. Knowing you got your tire replaced with no problem makes me believe. For $200 all I need to do is have 1 ruined tire to get my money back. Chances are pretty good this will happen (again).
Hoodoo Man
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

I did destroy one of these at RC, drove for all of 5' after I blew a bead and had at least 3 holes in the sidewalls... they are not bullet proof... :lol:
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
STRAT
Jeep Year: 2009
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by STRAT »

I live right around the corner from ST, Hanover, and can also vouch for there service and tire protection plan. Eric, and the crew know how to take care of a customer.
People who think too much before they act don't act too much.