Rain Gear Jeepcovers.com

ChrisD
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2003
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Rain Gear Jeepcovers.com

Unread post by ChrisD »

http://www.jeepcovers.com/

Raingear covers are specially designed to cover your Jeep in minutes when the weather suddenly changes or if you're on the trail and don't want to bother with a hard top or doors. Raingear covers are made of high quality vinyl backed material and are made to cover the entire door area when you don't have you're doors on, they are also equipped with eight straps and buckles to ensure it stays on in high wind. All covers come with a handy compact bag to store you're cover when not in use.
So if your at work or play and don't have time to put on your hard top then this cover is right for you.

Very well built and so far it, has been well worth the $$.
ZAEDOCK
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Re: Rain Gear Jeepcovers.com

Unread post by ZAEDOCK »

I prefer my umbrella.
Carl McFly wrote:X2, I agree with Joe. And not just because he's man candy
BSJ President 2003 - 2005
DOUG
Jeep Year: 2020
Jeep Model: JT Gladiator

Unread post by DOUG »

Depends on which one you buy. I have had 2 of these covers. Both have been for Scramblers. It seems they are made from different materials.
The first one was gray in color, it was water tight until it ripped. When I called to see if it was under warranty (only 2 months old at that point), I was told I must have cinched the straps too tight. While I may have, it tore on a seam.
This cover was repaired at a local upholstery shop. It went with the 81 that I sold last year.

The second one is black. It came with the 82 that I have now. It's a completely different material than the gray one, almost denim. Heavier than the gray one, seems more durable.It leaks pretty good. Also has a small tear, from the PO.

Nobody makes a cover specific to the Scrambler other than Raingear.

I will say that both of these covers fit great, with the factory roll bar. When I do a family cage in the rear this cover will be useless. Image
2020 Gladiator Sport S
schwalby

Unread post by schwalby »

I have the one from BesTop and it has worked great for me no matter which cage i have / had. Water tight, easily rolled up and drys out even when rolled up.
Josh Schwalb
ArticRubi wrote:Remember: poor planning on my part constitutes an emergency on yours.
DOUG
Jeep Year: 2020
Jeep Model: JT Gladiator

Unread post by DOUG »

schwalby wrote:I have the one from BesTop and it has worked great for me no matter which cage i have / had. Water tight, easily rolled up and drys out even when rolled up.
Problem is when you build a family style cage in a Scrambler it usually looks something like this...

Yes, it's a postal, RHD.

The Raingear covers won't work with the family cage.
2020 Gladiator Sport S
Carl McFly
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2000

Unread post by Carl McFly »

DOUG wrote:
I will say that both of these covers fit great, with the factory roll bar. Image
looks good but wow, it cuts down on visibility, huh?

Kind of like an Enterprise Rent-a-CJ :happy-jumpeveryone:
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

WATCH IT ! FjR68
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member

Unread post by Frank »

So , Do we like this product or what ? I need to get a new one and some one? had one fitted cover like this at Fla. Rd. or RMTP and it was a snap to install and fit like a glove. FjR68
ChrisD

Unread post by ChrisD »

I have the black one and love it! I purchased it used (you would never know) simply for weekends when the top is down and we are away. This past week we had 2 storms that quickly rolled in and I was able to attach the cover in a couple of mins just in time for the down pours. The cove did it's job keeping the water out. Now before you remove the cover, you might have to dump the puddle that formed on top of the cover (not a big deal).
Baseshakers
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: LJ Wrangler

Unread post by Baseshakers »

I've had mine for years, and it has never let a drop of water into the jeep even in 50mph thunderstorms. Only thing to look out for as chris mentioned is pushing up the pool of water that forms, but just have a few of the straps on when you climb in to take care of it and you will be fine. Great product.
"god had his sh!t together when he made boobies" -franky
DDewar53
Jeep Year: 1990
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Unread post by DDewar53 »

Baseshakers wrote:I've had mine for years, and it has never let a drop of water into the jeep even in 50mph thunderstorms. Only thing to look out for as chris mentioned is pushing up the pool of water that forms, but just have a few of the straps on when you climb in to take care of it and you will be fine. Great product.
or get one of those top props
Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty.

Robert A. Heinlein
Hoodoo Man
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

anyone know of a discount code for them? I dont mind the price of the top but they want 18.xx for ground shipping which seems a bit steep to me...
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..
Carl McFly
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2000

Unread post by Carl McFly »

Joliet Jake Blues wrote:anyone know of a discount code for them? I dont mind the price of the top but they want 18.xx for ground shipping which seems a bit steep to me...
:text-google:
"Roads? Where we're going, we don't need roads"
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member

Unread post by Frank »

My Rain Gear fits like they cut and fit it to Mona in my driveway ! Its a great fit , feels like it will wear well, So far , Im really impressed . Thanks for the heads up on this product !! FjR68
Baseshakers
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: LJ Wrangler

Unread post by Baseshakers »

It's a pretty big box, similar to a sleeping bag. Just bite the bullet, worth it!
"god had his sh!t together when he made boobies" -franky