Winter mods

RandyCarol
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Winter mods

Unread post by RandyCarol »

Now that we are well into the winter hiatus, I was just curious what upgrades/mods you guys got going on on your jeeps? I just ordered some Shrockworks rock rails, my factory ones just are not up to the task anymore, thinking about a gas tank skid for the same reason. I am gathering parts for hydro assist and have a sport cage to install. I don’t have heat in the garage yet so I’m waiting for the weather to warm up a bit while waiting for parts to arrive. Still have little things to do to get it ready for this season like touch-up paint and fluid changes. Anyone else got anything going on?
Stubby antenna & Prorock 60’s
BlackNBlue-ISH
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Winter mods

Unread post by BlackNBlue-ISH »

I bought a daily driver (non-jeep) and working on paying off debt. That’s my current direction with the jeep haha
2005 TJ, built and beat accordingly
pirahnah3
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1997

Re: Winter mods

Unread post by pirahnah3 »

Trailer hunting for mine.
'97 thats been chopped up and put back together, and ready to take on the trails.
Fcgeek
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2004

Unread post by Fcgeek »

Randy,

I have some components for Hydro assist that you might be interested in.

As for winter projects, I got out the grease gun and trying to use it. I have a Poison spyder hood louver to combat with the heat soak I experienced all year and sent my annoying rear drive shaft out to Tom for a re build. It came back looking new.
2004 TJ Rubicon (Hooptie) Kick A$$ Grill
RandyCarol
BSJ Member

Fcgeek wrote:Randy,

I have some components for Hydro assist that you might be interested in.

As for winter projects, I got out the grease gun and trying to use it. I have a Poison spyder hood louver to combat with the heat soak I experienced all year and sent my annoying rear drive shaft out to Tom for a re build. It came back looking new.
What you got for hydro?
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

Im re-triangulating my rear lower arms to try to stop torque steer . Moving forward - dropping the tranny for a rebuild . Its out of an 82 so I figure its time. Moving forward a bit more - Im looking into a write up I read on how to change my linkage operated clutch to hydro / slave opp. Like what yous guys have ! From that point forward I have to make a decision on whether to stay with the built inline or finish the comparable torque V-8 Ive been harboring . :) FjR68
95xj
Jeep Year: 1995
Jeep Model: XJ Cherokee

Unread post by 95xj »

I had to have the transmission rebuild on my tow vehicle. Put in a stage 1 towing kit (2001 Chevy Silverado 2500HD). That's all set for spring. Trailer needs new planking when the weather warms up. Cherokee got a anti-warp axel kit installed late last year so I'm looking forward to some of those nasty rock climbs at Rousch Creek. Have to re-route exhaust. Other than that, it's all set to go! Absolutely NO body work done to it. Love that "Rock Patina" look.
See you in the spring!
MattJ
Jeep Year: 2016

Unread post by MattJ »

Here are the winter mods happening in our garage. Yes, it's that time of year for the Cub Scouts! Unfortunately, Teraflex suspension components are against the rules, so we have to use polished nails instead.

Last edited by MattJ on Fri Feb 16, 2018 12:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
___=_=_=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)--o-)_) BEV: the BSA Expedition Vehicle
BlackKnight
BSJ Member

Unread post by BlackKnight »

I picked up Front inner fender panels from Ace engineering, Still, have to get my Evap armor and rear Diff cover in, Ordering up sliders and fenders for the spring. I'll still be low crawling on 32"s, but getting there...
--
BlackKnight - Commando Green '13 JKU w/EVO (R Fascia w/D's, ProSeries Front, Skids, 4" Lift) Powerstop z36 kit, 38" Patagonia MTss, PoisonSpyder Diff Armor, SuperWinch w/factor55 Prolink, FOX 2.0 shocks. JKS Track Bars
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member

Unread post by Frank »

First repair was to re-triangulate the rear 4-link. OMG ! should have done it 4 yrs. ago. It feels like a regular car . NO more torque steer under throttle or between shifts. Whoooo Hooooo ! Moving forward , Trans and T-case on the floor . FjR68
RandyCarol
BSJ Member

Frank wrote:First repair was to re-triangulate the rear 4-link. OMG ! should have done it 4 yrs. ago. It feels like a regular car . NO more torque steer under throttle or between shifts. Whoooo Hooooo ! Moving forward , Trans and T-case on the floor . FjR68
Nice. You’ll be happy you did that
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member

Unread post by Frank »

Starting on the Trans and T-case . The T-case was rebuilt 6 yrs. ago when I put in the 4x1 gear set, It will get flushed and new seals only. The trans is an 82 and never opened. It will get a total rebuild . The end bearings are caged , The rest - (66) of them are needle bearings and have to be placed by hand . That looks to be interesting . Wish I knew how to do pictures . My computer wizards have moved out of the house . FjR68
ASauer17
BSJ BOD President
Jeep Year: 1998

Unread post by ASauer17 »

My jeep doesn't have 4wd.. and I can't afford to fix it! My plan... do nothing but start it after a while to make sure the jeep runs...
98/99 TJ
2023 President
----------------------------------------
2021 Director of Events
2018 Secretary
2016 & 2017 President
2014 & 2015 Secretary
Danb33
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: LJ Wrangler

Unread post by Danb33 »

Once Taxes come in, I’ll be ordering 37’s. Also one it warms up I’ll be replacing the torque converter. Good ole 42rle. Once that’s done I’ll be good to wheel.
Hoodoo Man
Jeep Year: 1970
Jeep Model: C101

Unread post by Hoodoo Man »

asauer17 wrote:My jeep doesn't have 4wd.. and I can't afford to fix it! My plan... do nothing but start it after a while to make sure the jeep runs...
what does it need?
1970 Jeepster- stock
2003 Jeep Rubicon 2" BDS Spring lift 35s and MCE fenders
2012 Jeep JKU 2.5' Terafkex spring lift, Rock Hard Bumpa, skids, BodyArmor4x4 sliders..