l---- L -[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)--o-)_) BEV: the BSA Expedition Vehicle
Richl35
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee

Re: Genesis Dual Battery System: Install Photo

Unread post by Richl35 »

Very Nice!

Did you install the G-Screen as well?

I did this about a year ago and it has been invisible.... which I guess is good!

MattJ
Jeep Year: 2016
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by MattJ »

I installed the G Screen into my A pillar today. Took less than an hour:

___=_=_=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-
BlackNBlue-ISH
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by BlackNBlue-ISH »

That’s pretty cool! Some day I’d like to do a three battery setup, two on the jeep, one in a trailer. Source of power either from the engine for the two in the jeep, or from the engine or solar for the trailer.
2005 TJ, built and beat accordingly
Richl35

Unread post by Richl35 »

MattJ wrote:I installed the G Screen into my A pillar today. Took less than an hour:

That's a nice and clean install. I was undecided on it but now that they had added some additional function like air pressure monitoring I'm leaning toward adding it.
MattJ

Unread post by MattJ »

BlackNBlue-ISH wrote:That’s pretty cool! Some day I’d like to do a three battery setup, two on the jeep, one in a trailer. Source of power either from the engine for the two in the jeep, or from the engine or solar for the trailer.
Solar for the trailer is a cool idea! Can't wait to see that when you build it someday.
___=_=_=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-
BlackNBlue-ISH
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2005
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by BlackNBlue-ISH »

MattJ wrote:
BlackNBlue-ISH wrote:That’s pretty cool! Some day I’d like to do a three battery setup, two on the jeep, one in a trailer. Source of power either from the engine for the two in the jeep, or from the engine or solar for the trailer.
Solar for the trailer is a cool idea! Can't wait to see that when you build it someday.
It won’t be for a couple years. I’ll probably start designing it in a 3D model using google sketch up first. Create a custom set of plans, plan out all the electrical/plumbing/etc before cutting the first peice of steel/wood/aluminum.
2005 TJ, built and beat accordingly
JohnC
Jeep Year: 2015

Unread post by JohnC »

I really like this install. I installed a deep-cycle battery, but going with dual batteries and more sophisticated charging and distribution is on the wishlist, especially since I plan to run the (essential) fridge, winch, radios, and possibly additional lighting.

I've been having trouble with the crappy OEM battery terminals, so this might get bumped in priority.
MattJ

Unread post by MattJ »

I used the Genesis system this weekend to power my windshield light bar for the Boy Scouts while they set up camp in the dark and then several hours of music around the campfire with my twin external 8" speakers. The dual battery system worked great - it was fun to watch the mini-monitor indicate the voltage level of each battery and see if the "smart isolator" had connected or disconnected them based on the power remaining and usage pattern. Temperatures dropped into the 30s at night. Will be interesting to see how the system performs as the weather gets even colder . . .

___=_=_=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-
BlackKnight
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013

Unread post by BlackKnight »

Looks great, definitely one of the mods I've been considering doing (with also a sPod)
--
BlackKnight - Commando Green '13 JKU w/EVO (R Fascia w/D's, ProSeries Front, Skids, 4" Lift) Powerstop z36 kit, 38" Patagonia MTss, PoisonSpyder Diff Armor, SuperWinch w/factor55 Prolink, FOX 2.0 shocks. JKS Track Bars
BlackKnight
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 2013

Unread post by BlackKnight »

Looks great, definitely one of the mods I've been considering doing (with also a sPod). BTW, love the Yeti, but did you know that the Wallmart brand (Ozark Trail) was tested side by side and actually generally matched it for efficiency, and at around 1/4th the price :)
--
BlackKnight - Commando Green '13 JKU w/EVO (R Fascia w/D's, ProSeries Front, Skids, 4" Lift) Powerstop z36 kit, 38" Patagonia MTss, PoisonSpyder Diff Armor, SuperWinch w/factor55 Prolink, FOX 2.0 shocks. JKS Track Bars
MattJ

Unread post by MattJ »

Well . . . my YETI got moved to the bench after just three months in the starting pitching rotation. Spent some hours in my garage last night fabricating a custom extension cord and mounting bracket for a Dometic fridge and slide-out tray. The thought of packing ice cream (and some beverages) at 0F for some week-long camping trips in August was just too much to resist . . .

___=_=_=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-