cel Code 43

pirahnah3
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1997
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

cel Code 43

Unread post by pirahnah3 »

Well, went out to the Jeep today to finally work on the CEL code I had. Thought I knew what it was due to all the mods BUT also thought hey, maybe I should just check to be sure I am correct.....Good thing I did. Codes are 12, 43, 55.

12 I know is the fact that I replaced the battery recently.
43, is a missfire code
55 is the end.

Two questions, as it is close to the end of the month, will a missfire code on a 97 cause me to fail MA inspection?

PArt two, is how to fix this, I know the plugs are fairly knew (prob less than 1k miles on them) the wires look decent gotta pull apart the cap and rotor still to check there. Anyone have any other thoughts on this code? I have been doing some basic reading and it seems like its all over the map as to what is the cause and the solution.
'97 thats been chopped up and put back together, and ready to take on the trails.
Kurt
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1992
Jeep Model: YJ Wrangler

Re: cel Code 43

Unread post by Kurt »

The cell will not cause you to fail in Mass. Your rig is over 15 years old so your good.
"Build It, Run It, Break It, Improve It, Repeat!"
NEA Treasurer 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020
BSJ Treasurer 2020
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

I have a cell ----- phone :) FjR68
pirahnah3
BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1997
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by pirahnah3 »

Frank wrote:I have a cell ----- phone :) FjR68
You do? Is it in a bag? :lol:

As a note I took her for a short ride looking specifically for one, but I am not feeling a missfire at all in the engine. No hesitation or anything. Im planning a longer drive today hopefully to see if there is any difference, only thing I can say is that I do notice a slight smell of running rich but cannot verify this due to her being defelined.
'97 thats been chopped up and put back together, and ready to take on the trails.