Jeep Overlander Configuration

MattJ
BSJ 101 Planning Commitee
Jeep Year: 2016
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Re: Jeep Overlander Configuration

Unread post by MattJ »

ImNotCassie wrote::shock: Pretty fancy cans to be hanging off the side like that.
Yes - I will post a separate topic on the jerry cans. They are stainless steel, made for storing water (no plastic taste) and have custom spigot caps that I made. Has been a two-month project and still not done yet. But I think other members might like to see some of the designs that I used for each step (spigots, security locking cables, side mount shelves, etc).
IMG_3015.jpg
___=_=_=
l l ,[_____],
l---- L -[]lllllll[]-
()_) ()_)--o-)_) BEV: the BSA Expedition Vehicle
ImNotCassie
Jeep Year: 2011
Jeep Model: JK Wrangler

Unread post by ImNotCassie »

I was thinking about the damage they would receive on some of the trails.
-Cassandra
2011 Silver/Black JK

It's never a mannequin!!
https://talkingtruecrime.podbean.com
Fcgeek
Jeep Year: 2004
Jeep Model: TJ Wrangler

Unread post by Fcgeek »

ImNotCassie wrote:
Fcgeek wrote:If your looking for a camping and wheeling trip Rausch is a great trip. You could have a great time learning your limits on all sorts of terrain and try out some of that camping gear as well.
Let's be honest with this guy. Rausch has stoke trails but you have to go through some tough tuff to get there or get out of it. And who in our group that goes there stays on the stock stuff. His rig does not look like a beater.

You might be right, My JKU did fine there but I wasn't super worried about scratches or some dings. Raucsh certainly isn't a spectaculer camping spot either. He is welcome to camp and ride along with me if he wanted to get some camping and adventure in.
2004 TJ Rubicon (Hooptie) Kick A$$ Grill
Frank
Frankie BSJ Member
Jeep Year: 1974
Jeep Model: CJ5

Unread post by Frank »

If you are consumed about scratches and dings , you might just want to stick to the beaches . Its going to happen in the woods. The level of damage is directly related to what your willing to try. Even class 6 roads have been known to stripe a vehicle . FjR68